2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

Well darn it Vicky, I just now noticed your reply today. I'm horrible about missing posts. Camelia is still laying but I have not gotten one fertile egg to date. I had thought I had a fertile egg a few weeks back but it wasn't. I just put 5 more eggs in the bator a couple days ago burt still not counting on anything, If i see something I'll be pleasantly surprised. The gander I'm using this year came from Jean and the one I used last year the gander came from my own birds which were breed from DH lines. Don't know if I have much time left for her to keep laying but I will get the game bird breeder and try that. The last year I had any goslings was two yrs ago and that was with Casper & Camelia. I didn't get any out of him his first year either. I did purchase some eggs off ebay a few weeks back that are due to hatch tomorrow.

I had some trouble initially as well, but Alex has his game face on going into this 2nd round of eggs. To be totally honest, it wasn't his fault at all. The girls "just weren't into him" ....at first. But now their hormones have turned on, and they WANT fertile eggs too. He was always there ready and willing....the ladies just had to give the nod. They aren't like chickens and ducks....that is for sure

I put my 10 Sebbie eggs on lockdown last night. I candled a couple of them as I moved them to the hatcher & their little beaks were in the air sac & they were moving around...*fingers crossed* that they all hatch out okay. This will be my first time hatching geese. I'm so nervous!!!!

I put my 10 Sebbie eggs on lockdown last night. I candled a couple of them as I moved them to the hatcher & their little beaks were in the air sac & they were moving around...*fingers crossed* that they all hatch out okay. This will be my first time hatching geese. I'm so nervous!!!!
Woo hoo! Hope to see some baby pics soon! Can you hear them yet? I always talk to mine before they hatch.

Doc and Bashful are pleased to announce the first fertile Sebbie egg of the season
celebrate.gif
here at "The Puddle Place"
After 3 inches of rain in 24 hours we really do earn our name
th.gif

I have babies!!!!! My first little gosling hatched out a little while ago. I have 4 more with beaks sticking out of the egg & 1 that has just pipped. I can't wait until they are all out & fluffed up. Here's a pic of my first little one:

Back
Top Bottom