2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

Quote: Congrats on the fertile eggs! Stay dry as best you can, better rain than more snow your way.

It is going to have thunder storms tonight and get rain tonight, Monday, Tuesday, Wed. and Thursday. I ought to be able to float and do my chores!
barnie.gif
Stay safe doing chores, you dont need to slip and fall

We have thunderstorms here tonight, started shortly after evening lock up. Luckily so far we have kept power which is a good thing with the incubators going strong still. 9 egg in lock down, 10 more going into lock down in 2 days, more 3 days after that. Its a gosling party around here with April/May being the busiest time for sure.

I have 5 precious little Sebbies as of now. 3 just hatched this afternoon so they are still in the hatcher, but the other 2 are out and doing great! Here are some pics:

anyone ever used bales of bermuda grass for bedding for geese or goslings? i am using it for my chickens already would like to use it for the geese too.

How often do you feed the kale?
If you have access to dandelion greens that is a super food for goslings.

Hi everyone!

I hatched out a little Sebastopol gosling a month ago. The egg came from Celtic Oaks Farms. Is it normal for their legs and beak to be pale at one month old? She's been eating kale and chick starter along with water supplemented with niacin.

Also, I'm hoping to pick up a pair of sebastopol geese this weekend. If I do, I will be hatching every egg she lays.

Here she is at 2 days old.

and here she is now at 1 month old.

Back
Top Bottom