2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

I don't know what that is, but I wouldn't risk it. I've never put anything on my ducklings that hatched like that and they've been fine. I just keep them clean. It heals ip very quickly. You could put a dab of antibiotic ointment (without the pain reliever) if you want.

Here are two new Seb babies. These are my first goslings. Love them!

I had one that started to bleed out of a distended belly, so I dabbed some flour on it. The bleeding stopped right away, and an hour later the lump was gone too.

Adorable babies, Christine!

Last edited:
I think RuRu has already advised you to use Betadine / Iodine Dry Spray Powder. You can easily get some at a Pharmacy as its often used as a first aid spray for minor cuts and grazes.

Keeps the area dry, promotes coagulation of blood and has antiseptic properties - its the perfect thing and can be applied twice daily to the umbiical area.

Pete
wink.png

Ok- found it. I have been a member there for a few years. I seem to really just have issues with access to THIS forum
lau.gif

I had only gone 2 days without misting, so I will go back to it.

So here's the thing- its a real mixed bag in there. Some are losing fine, and a few are not. Even ones set the exact same days from the same goose are losing weight differently. 2 different incubators, same story.

Going to try Pete's experiment when it gets dark....stay tuned!

Hi - What course of action did you decide on for your eggs to increase moisture loss?

If you went ahead with the more active experimental technique for moisture loss then please share your details.

Best of luck.

Pete
wink.png

Quote:
Hi Pete-
It was too late for the one egg, it had already drowned. The other egg had perfect moisture loss. That gosling just hatched and is still on the weak side, so just keeping it in the hatcher for now.
There is one more egg in there (due in a week) that might be the same way, so if need be I will try it in a couple more days. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom