2013 SEED/PLANT/GARDENING SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, my mom lives in the Catskills and I've seen it growing up there. I think you need to protect it for the first couple of winters but after that it does pretty well.

I'll try it. Mine wisteria.
Offer:

Seeds, pick 2:
Alaska Shell pea
Luther Hill sweet corn
Autumn King carrot
Prizehead lettuce
Grandpa Ott's morning glory
Principe De Borghese tomato
Metki White Amenian cucumber
Beurre de Rocquencourt bush bean
Sweet Genovese basil

Plants:
yellow iris bulbs
Stella d' Oro daylily
Chives
chocolate mint
horseradish
heliopsis
sedum (I believe they are all pink)
comfrey
catmint
spiderwort, pink
Lilac

Last edited:
I'll try it. Mine wisteria.
Offer:

Seeds, pick 2:
Alaska Shell pea
Luther Hill sweet corn
Autumn King carrot
Prizehead lettuce
Grandpa Ott's morning glory
Principe De Borghese tomato
Metki White Amenian cucumber
Beurre de Rocquencourt bush bean
Sweet Genovese basil

Plants:
yellow iris bulbs
Stella d' Oro daylily
chives
wild oregano
chocolate mint
horseradish
heliopsis
sedum (I believe they are all pink)
comfrey
catmint
spiderwort, pink
Lilac
Evening primrose

Also have a houseplant that is sending off sprouts, looks like mother-in-law tongue but just 8 inches tall. Let's call it Mini MIL tongue.

We just started a new thread, does anyone grow hops or barley for brewing? Our climate is a bit dry, however we are going to give it a go..
highfive.gif

Please join in here if you have some growing hops or barley..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/907333/brewing-beer-101-mastering-it

We have never grown barley for brewing purposes, but we did plant a field in it to graze lambs on during the winter of 2011. That year was the worst one-year dry spell on record in Texas, and we had a total of just shy of 7 inches of rain on our place that whole year. Our "normal" average annual rainfall is supposed to be around 19 or 20 inches. Barley is widely known as the most drought resistant of all the cereal grains commercially grown in the U.S., but in Arizona I think I would be more worried about the heat than the dryness. Winter grain crops usually have a tough time with hot weather. Either way your project sounds like a fun learning experience. Good luck!

I'm in south Missouri..we get zero. Or lower in winter sometimes.I saw a huge Wisteria plant growing wild At the edge of some woods here so I guess they can make it.I'm zone 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom