2013 SEED/PLANT/GARDENING SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I urge everyone to sign up for Silkies Mystery Swap, its really fun. Its like Secret Santa for Gardening Swap.

You sign up to swap and that kind of puts your name in a hat and then you are assigned one of your fellow swappers to send a surprise swap item to. They don't know who they are getting a swap from and you get to choose the item that you send to them. There are some rules, though, so you should read them before signing up.

Can't afford to pay that much in shipping costs for the monthly swap. $15 shipping for $10 worth of items doesn't seem to add up for me. It's a fun idea but I can send someone a book and $10 worth of seed plus 6 tomato plants all together for less than $6 in shipping anywhere in the country.
hu.gif

I think shipping would depend on what you sent. usually regional rate is cheaper than flat rate when shipping lighter items, like plants./seeds. delivery confirmation is key i would think. and proper packaging... btw i would love pre started plants. sigh...

Can't afford to pay that much in shipping costs for the monthly swap. $15 shipping for $10 worth of items doesn't seem to add up for me. It's a fun idea but I can send someone a book and $10 worth of seed plus 6 tomato plants all together for less than $6 in shipping anywhere in the country.
hu.gif

I think shipping would depend on what you sent. usually regional rate is cheaper than flat rate when shipping lighter items, like plants./seeds. delivery confirmation is key i would think. and proper packaging... btw i would love pre started plants. sigh...
Regional rate A boxes max out at just over $12 for shipping with the cheapest being less than $6. I can add an option to use the small 7x7x6 or meduim 12x12x8 priority shippers if those happen to be cheaper for shipping by weight. Usually they pretty closely match the regional rate A or B boxes from what I have seen as long as you stay under 10 pounds. I'm trying to keep shipping costs as close for everyone as I can.

Silkie, why does it have to be Priority? If its a gardening swap and we're sending seeds or starts for example, they'll be light enough and safe enough in a first class box. I think that maybe it should be up to the sender about shipping method, it would make it a lot less expensive for everyone.

Silkie, why does it have to be Priority? If its a gardening swap and we're sending seeds or starts for example, they'll be light enough and safe enough in a first class box. I think that maybe it should be up to the sender about shipping method, it would make it a lot less expensive for everyone.
As long as everyone is sending a minimum of $10 worth of items so no one gets shorted I would be fine with that. Let's say, the equivalent of $10 in items or 3 full swaps of plants/seeds/bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom