2013 SEED/PLANT/GARDENING SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine: PP
Offer: 1. One large (like maybe two golfballs size) Amaryllis bulb. Red with a white throat.
2. Two ornamental ginger rhizomes
3. Five Mexican Petunia rhizomes
4. 25 dill seeds
5. 25 bulbing fennel seeds
6. 25 bronze fennel seeds

Pick 50 of any of the seeds. I am starting to get stuff out to you guys. Everybody has had the virus and gotten over it (Thank Goodness!).
Renee,
Can I ship out your buckeyes today? (1 day early)
And can I have your e-mail to send ppl?
Please and thank you!

That's fine, I need to let them set for a couple of days before putting them into the turner anyway.

My pp address is [email protected]

I have just candled the muscovy eggs that you sent me by accident. There were 14 in the box and I accidentally dropped one while candling (stupid neuropathy hand). Out of the 13 left, I've got 7 growing. I don't think this is too bad, they must have been abused in the mail because they had some really wonky air cells. All I am hoping for is some new blood, If I get a couple to hatch that will be great. Besides, my husband starts to get a constipated look on his face every time I bring up the subject of more muscovies. He obsesses about the feed bill, I tell him that they can have my portion of the grocery money, I need to lose about 20lbs anyway. This doesn't seem to amuse him. They don't eat that much once they grow up anyway.

That's fine, I need to let them set for a couple of days before putting them into the turner anyway.

My pp address is [email protected]

I have just candled the muscovy eggs that you sent me by accident. There were 14 in the box and I accidentally dropped one while candling (stupid neuropathy hand). Out of the 13 left, I've got 7 growing. I don't think this is too bad, they must have been abused in the mail because they had some really wonky air cells. All I am hoping for is some new blood, If I get a couple to hatch that will be great. Besides, my husband starts to get a constipated look on his face every time I bring up the subject of more muscovies. He obsesses about the feed bill, I tell him that they can have my portion of the grocery money, I need to lose about 20lbs anyway. This doesn't seem to amuse him. They don't eat that much once they grow up anyway.
Money sent and buckeye eggies going out today.

LOL about hubby! Scovies are the best! (besides geese!)

Money sent and buckeye eggies going out today.

LOL about hubby! Scovies are the best! (besides geese!)
Are muscovies really good ducks? I know they are sort of 'ugly' to many - what makes them the best duck? We have them wild here in FL, all over the place. Are they good layers? Quiet? Friendly?

Are muscovies really good ducks? I know they are sort of 'ugly' to many - what makes them the best duck? We have them wild here in FL, all over the place. Are they good layers? Quiet? Friendly?
The quietest & most friendly ducks you can find. They don't quack, they sort of hiss & the drakes often sound like they are laughing at you because it sounds like "heeheeheehee." I love the mohawks & the wiggly little tails. With proper shelter & light many will lay through the winter even. Plus their meat isn't greasy like most ducks. It's said to be closer to steak (haven't eaten any of mine yet to find out).

Last edited:
1. They don't quack
2. They don't need as much water, so if you don't have a pond, they're happy with a small pool or even a rubber feed pan full of water.
3. They eat mosquito eggs off of the top of any standing water they can find.
4. They are very good layers and excellent mothers.
5. The meat is so good, I could give up turkey for Thanksgiving for the rest of my life.
6. They have a much cooler personality than other ducks. If regular ducks are Jerry Lewis then muscovies are Frank Sinatra.

Last edited:
Mine:  PP 
Offer: 1. One large (like maybe two golfballs size) Amaryllis bulb.  Red with a white throat.
         2. Two ornamental ginger rhizomes
         3. Five Mexican Petunia rhizomes
         4. 25 dill seeds
         5. 25 bulbing fennel seeds
         6. 25 bronze fennel seeds

Pick 50 of any of the seeds.  I am starting to get stuff out to you guys.  Everybody has had the virus and gotten over it (Thank Goodness!).

Mine - bulbing fennel seeds and dill seeds

Offer:
Celery seed - Utah

A mix of heirloom tomato seed - Tess's Land Race, White Queen, Mini orange, copia, stupice, san marzano

Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans - heirloom

black turtle beans

Bumping the thread.
frow.gif

I am sending out orders tomorrow to: Silkie, SusanRenee, Daloorashens, Sahwithchicks, Amyable (just the seeds for now, the willow hasn't rooted yet), mlongworth and erinszoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom