2013 SEED/PLANT/GARDENING SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine: I will take some more of those rose of sharon if you want to add them to the peonies I just mined. (I can't believe nobody else has claimed either. You send so many and they are very healthy).

Offer:Offer: Okay, things are really coming up well here, so I have to update my swap page. In addition to my swap page I have:

1. Spearmint (the kind you use for mint julep or mojito). This stuff doesn't take over like chocolate mint and it is appropriate to grow in sun or shade. And they like can tolerate a range of soil types so you can grow them in an herb garden, in a rain garden or even as a pond marginal, I even know of someone who uses it in one of those Mayan floating gardens.

2. Jerusalem artichokes (these are in the sunflower family, they grow up to 10' tall and they spread by tuber, which is edible and tastes better than any potato I've ever eaten.)

3. Swamp sunflowers (another tall, sunflower-like plant that spreads by tuber, these can spread pretty quickly, so put them somewhere that you want them to fill up some space. As they're name suggests, they do well as a marginal in wet or shady areas.)

4. Cattails- for ponds or rain gardens
5. Painters Pallette- this is a part shade plant which had a calico foliage and spreads by seed.

6. Snowdrop bulbs- these come up in the spring and kind of look like lily of the valley with daffodil leaves

Everything I have chosen to list above, I believe, is hardy to at least zone 4

7. Here's your chance, Silkie, the last time I'm going to offer the mini sweet blue corn. Organic Heirloom, I got the original seed from SSE and you get about 6 ears per 3' stalk. 25 seeds.

8. I also have some variegated vinca major

this is a part shade groundcover that gets these purple flowers all summer long, isn't very invasive and takes very little care.

9. I also have variegated liriope:

but I believe this is zone 6-10

Here's the link to my swap page, I still have everything there available- There are more types of seeds and plants there too.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/renees-member-page

Last edited:
These are not up for offer right now, I just wanted to show everyone what they look like and why I'm amazed that they're not getting scooped up. Here are some pictures of the rose of sharon and the peonies that Silkie has been offering

Rose of sharon (assorted colors)
:

Peonies, these are pink, but they come in a lot of colors

and they smell better than a rose. They also make really good cut flowers.

She packs them really well and is very generous.

Last edited:
Mine liriope

Plant/seed swap;

3 Anemone bulbs

1oz packet of Plant Tone, organic fertilizer

scarlet flax
rainbow coleus
four-o-clocks
alyssum
candytuft
Arugula
Mesclun