2013 SEED/PLANT/GARDENING SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
If liliesandchicks doesn't take something soon, I won't be able to resist your offer Mandee. I feel bad claiming everything that everyone offers, but you all have such wonderful plants, and I have a huge plant habit.

Actually my new daylillies from last year just started to bloom this morning. They are orange but are double petaled. Not sure what they are called but they sure are pretty.

My mom lives in Woodstock, NY and there is the same wisteria growing everywhere. I am not sure what zone that is, but I think its close to 5, I'll check.

I think you'd be fine. Woodstock is zone 5b-6a and the stuff grows gangbusters there, the hardiness zone for your area says -20- -15 degrees and I know that it regularly gets down to those temps by her, I've had to feed horses in windchills down to -40!

However, if you got it, I would suggest potting it and bringing it into the basement or someplace cool but not cold for this winter and then planting it as soon as the soil temp is above 55 at night next spring, just so it gets its roots down far enough to come back the following year.

Last edited:
Ok then, mine on wisteria!

OFFER:

Mammoth Melting pea (edible flat pod)

Grandpa Ott's Morning Glory

Yucca plant (haven't grown it, got the seeds from a friend.)

Alma Paprika pepper (10 seeds)

Hungarian Hot Wax pepper (10 seeds)

Delikatesse cucumber

Striata de Italia zucchini (10 seeds)

(last 2 are seeds just received from Sand Hill Preservation Center)

Clump of wild oregano, makes a nice round mound (there is a patch the size of a Volkswagon in my woods)

Clump of heliopsis (tall yellow perennial flower)

Clump of comfrey (herb, extremely fast growing, gets purple bell flowers)

Horseradish

3-4 plants of pink spiderwort

2-3 rhizomes of orange/yellow lilies (we call them ditch lilies, they grow in the roadsides - 2-3 feet tall)

2-3 pale yellow iris

3-5 ground cherry starts

clump of mint (I think mine is chocolate, has darker stems)

clump of Stella d' Oro daylily

OR

any 2 photo note cards from my Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/MeadowPath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom