2013 SEED/PLANT/GARDENING SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try oak leaf lettuce. Its the fastest heading lettuce I've been able to grow here and believe me, its almost impossible to grow heading lettuce here. It will head, but by the time it heads, its so hot out that the lettuce tastes like poison. Plus, it makes the cutest little microgreen heads if you pick them young. They're like little, lettuce florets- I used to sell them to a posh restaurant here in town and the chef was crazy for them- and they were just plain oak leaf lettuce.

Try oak leaf lettuce. Its the fastest heading lettuce I've been able to grow here and believe me, its almost impossible to grow heading lettuce here. It will head, but by the time it heads, its so hot out that the lettuce tastes like poison. Plus, it makes the cutest little microgreen heads if you pick them young. They're like little, lettuce florets- I used to sell them to a posh restaurant here in town and the chef was crazy for them- and they were just plain oak leaf lettuce.
Gotta love cute vegetables!

Quote:
OK. I will dig it out after this morning's SNOW melts.
sickbyc.gif
somad.gif
he.gif

Okay, if its going to sit I'll bite. Everyone who I owe a swap to should be expecting a package or should have already gotten one.

Mine: May I have some borage and some amaranth seeds?

Offer: 1. 6 snowdrop bulbs (come up the same time as dafs)
2. 3 large yellow flag iris rhizomes
3. Spearmint start
4. Curly willow cuttings
5. Fuscia Bee Balm starts, about 3, 4" clumps (please take these, I have to thin them and I hate throwing plants away!)- they smell so good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom