2014 breeding season begins, post your results

I found their nest it was underneath a cedar tree. They followed me to the nest. I substituted some carved wooden eggs. They are a little bigger and weigh about the same. Now they are all laying in the nest, and I don't have to hunt them up!

B
I found their nest it was underneath a cedar tree. They followed me to the nest. I substituted some carved wooden eggs. They are a little bigger and weigh about the same. Now they are all laying in the nest, and I don't have to hunt them up![/quote
By the way I had out some light weight green and pink Easter Eggs first in their nest they picked them up and threw them out. Guess they didn't pink and green. :)

Finally finished the perimitor and netting of the new bigger flight pen. It ended up 40' wide by 50' long, loafing shed at one end for shelter and nesting. I will devide it down the middle next week for the peafowl to have the north side and my Turkeys to have the south side.
Released my 3 new girls and let Mrs, Blue and Ricky in to meet them. They have been checking them out through the small pen they have been in for the last week.

Ricky and the Spaulding peahen

Spaudling and blue white eye pied.

My neighbor has a pair of peacocks that are now two years old. She doesn't have shelter for them they normally sleep in a tree in her back yard. But all winter I have noticed her peacocks spend most of their days at my coops and free ranging with my flock of chickens. They now are sleeping on top of my run unless they make it in the coop in time for lock down in which of coarse I let them stay. My question is do you think I have a very good chance of her laying her eggs in one of my coops or shelters? Also when do they start to lay? I am in Maryland. Not only do I have her peacocks but I also have her entire flock of guineas. My feed bill this winter has went from $65.00 every two weeks to $65.00 a week. I don't mind feeding or caring for them but I am hoping to get two or three peachicks. I have been trying to hatch some this will be my third year. First batch from ebay was rotten, Second batch from local man were free but not fertile. So do any of you think I should expect to find some eggs?

Thanks for any and all opinions.

Back
Top Bottom