2014 breeding season begins, post your results

Here's my pied what do you think?

Ok. So what do I have,?

I finely got my first egg and breeding has started full swing.
Now the sad news, Pie my pied peacock has injured his leg, i saw it a few days ago, it was bleeding a bit but not broken so it will heal how long i do not know, anyhow he and Master are the only ones out of 4 males that the girls were really checking out, now breeding is in full swing and the one i was so looking forward to covering my white is injured and can not bred
barnie.gif

I have a a 400 square foot pen , i need to finish putting a top on and i think if he gets better soon i am going to have to put him in there with a couple white girls wish me luck on this one cause they never been penned except when they were babies hopping it does not stop them from breeding wanting out of the pen and all
smile.png

the season is just starting and i am already for it to be over
barnie.gif
Let the hunt begin, the egg i found is obviously a decoy nest, seen her sneaking around up on her old nesting spot this morning.

Poor Pie
hit.gif

Master has his work cut out, he has covered 5 different hens sense yesterday and it appears he is gonna have them all to himself, till i pull the white hens for Pie.

Last edited:
My coming 2 year old name Green Pea laid her first egg. I'll try to incubate it, but I doubt it fertile, 'cause she's in with a male that's several months younger. Both have white flights and ittty, bitty throat patches, so I kind of hope it is fertile.

-Kathy

Thanks Kat, if nothing else he will be very spoiled by time he gets better, i put him in his old baby brooder because i had been feeding him threw out the day just to make sure he was eating , well wee peas figured this out and every time i found him there were 30 behind me waiting for theirs
barnie.gif

My beloved P-Dawg is a turkey rapist! My turkey hens think I'm their tom, so when I enter their pen, they squat down for me... That's when P-Dawg decides to jump them, lol, right there in front of me, literally!

-Kathy

Hahaha! Poor Pie
sad.png
But at least he gets pampered.
Yea he is just chillen up on his old brooder box taking it all in, guess when he starts pacing the pen i will know he is all better, i think he likes it in there, heck if i leave the gate open every pea in the place will be in there, ever seen close to 50 peas in a 10 X 30 L-shaped pen?
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom