2014 breeding season begins, post your results

Whoa, that's trippy... must be that lucky basket
wink.png

Uhm guys.....Uhhh it is day 19 and I hear a tap every 30 seconds maybe coming from what I think is the egg.
ep.gif

Earlier today I thought I saw the egg wiggle. Does this egg need to be in lockdown now even though it is way early? I have had the incubator at 99-100 deg all 19 days and I have been keeping track of the days on the calendar so it is definitely day 19. There was a point where it was in maybe the 80's for a bit because I had moved the incubator back home after my trip.

I just went in there to turn it and when I turned it and set it back down and closed the lid I heard a tap. Should I candle it to see if the chick is trying to hatch? I don't want to fool with it too much but don't want the humidity too low if he chick is for some reason ready to come out now.

Really freaking out now tapping is now back to back!!! AHHHHHH but it is day 19!?!? What do I do what do I do!? I just turned the poor baby and it is trying to hatch! Do I add more water pronto?

Not to change the subject here but everyone see what weathers coming eastward tonight out of the great plains? Winds 70 plus mph,hail 2-3" in size and heavy rains. I tried all day to locate a portable generator but no luck. Incubator has 3 trays overstuffed with pea eggs(close to 260 eggs) and if we lose power for 5-6 hours no hatch a longs for weeks. Just put 4 taupe eggs in Sunday nite from last weeks egg laying too. I'm dreading this!!
It depends I guess on what stage of incubation they are at, but I've lost power (in the winter) for 13 hours and still had a decent hatch, this was guinea eggs. Hopefully the weather will pass you by. Good luck.

Moving her will stop her from brooding . the sent of a human will not stop a peahen from sitting, i exchange eggs with my hens all the time, i got a few of them gonna be hatching out goslings soon, i wonder how that will go.

I would [pull the eggs and set them under a broody or place them in the incubator if you have one, sounds like you are gonna loose the eggs to your dogs or worse a preditor

One of my hens on her goose eggs.

I can't wait to see your geese trying to fan.
lau.gif

I will only keep it if it is a hen, i got more than enough males and only one gets all the hens young and old, not one hen goes to any other male, very strange, i wondered if the same hens would go back with Master, but never dreamed the yearlings would also become a part of his harem.
This is last years first pied, his name is Pine knot cause i caught him trying to have his way with a pine tree limb
hide.gif

Okay nevermind I called AugeredIn and he told me what to look for when I candle it. The egg's air sack is not all the way across the egg yet. I could have sworn I heard a peachick tapping but maybe the incubator was making noise...I don't know maybe it is wishful thinking on my part. The air sack does look on track for day 19 though. I guess I just need to calm down and wait for the REAL lockdown day which is next Monday.
tongue.png

I candle all my eggs, most are around 100 grams, they vary from 90 to low 110's. Up until this point 114 has been my heaviest until tonight I got one that weighs 144 grams!
ep.gif

What to do? Set it and see what happens? I don't need any more eating eggs.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom