2014 breeding season begins, post your results

I had a rooster that pecked my hen while trying to brood. Sadly though the damage that was done was to great to come back from and she died.

I had a rooster that pecked my hen while trying to brood. Sadly though the damage that was done was to great to come back from and she died.
Seriously? They can survive pretty serious wounds, I'd be willing to bet that she died from the same thing your other one died from.

-Kathy

@Birdbrain, FYI, I've got one now that was attacked by a fox or coyote that's missing about 36 square inches of skin from his back and neck. He's not dead yet, lol (stolen from Monty Python).

-Kathy

Last edited:
Birdbrain, FYI. I've got one now that was attacked by a fox or coyote that's missing about 36 square inches of skin from his back and neck. He's not dead yet, lol (stolen from Monty Python).

-Kathy

She lived for a week before death. I wouldn't count on that she didn't loose as much weight as the last one. She lost weight but it wasn't that much. Not all animals die of the same incident, some animals survive attacks while others don't. I've seen birds in worse condition bounce back and some don't. I think it was just to much stress no parasite. "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead, bring out your dead." " We are the knights who say knee." "I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster and father smelled of elderberries."

He's not dead yet, lol (stolen from Monty Python).

-Kathy
Oh gosh I love that!!! For anyone who has not watched Monty Python's Holy Grail you need too...
Here is the bring out your dead scene you are mentioning Kathy.
pop.gif

0.jpg

You guys are even more stubborn then me about the cause of death and candling for a fertile egg. You guys still say blackhead. That's not the cause of death for either of them.

Back
Top Bottom