2014 breeding season begins, post your results

I really do want greens from Rocking BAB. I did ask Josh this year if he would sell pure green peafowl eggs and he said no. I don't think he really sells eggs and as for young peachicks it seems like they only sell young chicks in the common varieties. By the time the greens are old enough to be sexed at maybe half a year old they cost $900 each so pretty expensive and that would be a lot to pay for something that could spook and kill itself of have something kill it, etc. I really like the way his birds look though and maybe someday I can have some nice ones.

How much does it say to give the goats?
If this is a daily wormer you will need to worm the birds good first and then keep them on this it will not kill a big worm load it is only used to prevent infestation not stop it when it is already there, just say

Quote: I think @AugeredIn said to give the whole group 1/2 a pound, which means each would get 227mg if they eat the same amount. That number is very close to what I give mine, and like augeredin said, it's a very safe product and it's highly unlikely a problem if one eats more than the other. Here's the dilemma... That amount just one day will treat cecal worms, but it will *not* treat capillary worms, so you will need to feed the other half of the bag the next day *and* you'll need to do it at least one more day. Lately I've been doing five days in a row based on some scientific studies I have seen, but the choice is yours.
big_smile.png
If you decide at some point that you want to give individual doses, let me know and I'll help you figure that out.

-Kathy

How much does it say to give the goats?
If this is a daily wormer you will need to worm the birds good first and then keep them on this it will not kill a big worm load it is only used to prevent infestation not stop it when it is already there, just say
When using a one day wormer, goats, horses and cows only get 5-10mg/kg, more than that is needed for the worms that peafowl get. I'm confused, @margaret8 , do you want to do this daily or do you just want to use this instead of the liquid wormer?

-Kathy

One pound = 2270mg, which is enough to worm 10 4.4kg birds for one day if you use that amount I use.

-Kathy

Note: Please correct my math if I'm wrong, lol.

FYI, I think the LD50 in mice and rats is 10,000mg/kg.

LD50 - Median lethal dose
In toxicology, the median lethal dose, LD₅₀, LC₅₀ or LCt₅₀ of a toxin, radiation, or pathogen is the dose required to kill half the members of a tested population after a specified test duration. Wikipedia

-Kathy

When using a one day wormer, goats, horses and cows only get 5-10mg/kg, more than that is needed for the worms that peafowl get. I'm confused, @margaret8 , do you want to do this daily or do you just want to use this instead of the liquid wormer?

-Kathy
I don't think she has the daily wormer,after looking it up
Safe-Guard
00ae.png
0.5% Pelleted Medicated Dewormer

Intervet

For use in beef and dairy cattle and horses.
Fenbendazole 5 gm per kg (2.27 mg per pound) Alfalfa-based pellets.
1-day treatment for cattle to control lungworms, stomach worms, intestinal worms, bankrupt worms and nodular worms. Zero milk withdrawal. 13 day slaughter withdrawal.
Use as a top dressing on feed at the rate of 1.1 lb for each 1,100 lb of body weight.
For use in all horses and ponies (including pregnant mares, stallions and foals) to control large and small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids.
Feed 1.1 lb pkg to 1100 lb horse in one feeding (with daily ration).

Does the bag look like this Margret?

Oh yikes, that's a serious MAYPOP, be very glad that did not explode in your incubator
sickbyc.gif

What a bummer for you minx, we know how badly you wanted at least one of those green eggs to hatch
sad.png

I'd most definitely thoroughly disinfect that incubator, if you haven't already. And I'd let it sit opened up out in the sun for a while too.

Back
Top Bottom