2014 breeding season begins, post your results

Pretty chicks, if i may ask what the white spot on their heads means?

Thank you
smile.png
It means they carry one copy of the pied gene if I understand it correctly.

Yes, we too have sent many a Peacock off into the world in a Corona Box.
big_smile.png
Lovely batch of chicks!

Gotta send em out in style right?
big_smile.png
Thank you. Most of them are being picked up this week but I'm keeping the 3 with the spots. Going to give them to a friend.

Just thought I would mention that the magazine Peafowl Today is looking for chick pictures. And all of you guys take such awesome pictures of your babies, they would look great in there. I sent a picture of my two black shoulder babies but that is all the babies I have so far. Let me know if you want the email to send in pictures, they said to include what breed and your name to be given credit for the pictures.

Oh, all the babies are so beautiful.
love.gif
Sorry for everyone that has had losses. Sounds like a quite a few of us are having a rough year. I had a few die during pip this year, both I think suffocated after cutting themselves off from their zip. Had some not make it to hatch, pretty sure it was humidity problems after doing eggtopsy's. I've found that lower humidity seems to work best for me. I usually do about 45-50 until the last 2-3 days but i was trying 50-60 and seemed to have a lot of problems with it. Doing the lower humidity again and the chicks are just popping right out. I had one die of yolk sack infection a few weeks ago. I waited too long I think before trying to help him. Kathy was really really awesome and helped me learn how to tube feed but it was just too late. Hopefully if it happens again I will catch it in time.

My current batch. All the other batches went off to the families that had been waiting for them.

Here are the ones from my silver pied girls and blackshoulder male. They all have a white spot on their heads.

Zaphod, Humma Kavula, and Slartibartfast , I love this one

Slartibartfast, his white spot is on the back of his neck.

Slartibartfast

Zaphod, Humma Kavula, and Slartibartfast

Zaphod and his buddies.

I had a chick decide to take the scenic route when he zipped, went all the way around the long way.

Quote: Sorry you lost one
hugs.gif
and congrats on all the others. Regarding that wrongy way zip, I had no idea they could do that... very interesting.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom