2014 breeding season begins, post your results

New peachicks pictures, note that all my new peachicks pictures will be taken in their new mini studio
cool.png

2 weeks old Bronze BS

Spalding could be split pied. He came from a pied hen and i can't see any white feathers, should he be split pied?

3 weeks old Bronze BS

Spalding bronze

Finally, a Spalding pied.
Great pictures!

-Kathy

Last edited:
q8peafowl, great pictures once again! Loving those Bronze BS. That spalding bronze looks like it will be a nice high percentage one.

I have plenty of pictures to share with you guys, but none of my peachicks. I hatched a surprise opal silver pied today.

q8peafowl, great pictures once again! Loving those Bronze BS. That spalding bronze looks like it will be a nice high percentage one.

I have plenty of pictures to share with you guys, but none of my peachicks. I hatched a surprise opal silver pied today.
Congrats, why its a surprise? Did it come from your pied hen?

It was out of a Opal WE peacock, possibly split BS, and an Opal peahen. I have three now. All from that hen.
Congrats, i got some silver pied chicks from my bronze pen, male is split white and hen is w/e, no one is carrying pied, and the male isn't carrying w/e gene! So i start to believe its something about the white working with the white eye gene!

I really wasn't expecting any color variations this year besides hoping for a white when I got my eggs... The person I got my eggs from had a pair of whites and some pairs of regular blues all in a common area so luck of the draw on knowing who the parents are, and no known genetic history...

I thought I had lucked out and got a white, but that one is now clearly a BS so we will see how they develop...

I also have this other cute little guy, nicknamed Spot, curious to see how they develop...

Back
Top Bottom