2014 breeding season begins, post your results

mindyok said he was a BS
What a cutie!
love.gif

-Kathy

Out of all of these eggs it looks like there are maybe 5-10 growing. Not surprising given that some were laid 5-12.

-Kathy

Out of all of these eggs it looks like there are maybe 5-10 growing. Not surprising given that some were laid 5-12. -Kathy
How old was the oldest one that started to develop?
Not positive, but I think the oldest was laid 5-31 and set 6-29. Before this experiment, the oldest I had hatch this year were 18 or 19 days old when set. -Kathy

Today something weird happened, a peachick about a month older than my peas showed up around their pen and tried to go inside.I caught him and put him in with the other peachicks. I am the only person in my town that owns peas. What Im thinking is that since my peas were free ranging before breeding season one of my hens must have laid eggs somewhere and when I caught them to put them in their breeding pens the eggs must have been hatched by my turkeys or chickens. I just wonder why I found the peachick 2 months later.

hmm.png
Those suspicious neighbors.....

My neighbor's uncle magically got an IB male exactly when my IB male went missing. Its sad cause I will have to keep my peas locked up because they keep going into my neighbors backyard.

Back
Top Bottom