2014 breeding season begins, post your results

@DylansMom , how's little Forest doing?

-Kathy

I just got home this afternoon and he/she is doing fine. Survived 4 days with the pet sitter, so that is pretty promising. Not growing like the others though, as soon as I can, I will get some pics so you can see the difference. How are you doing? Been away 4 days but it feels a lot longer, anything I need to catch up on?
lau.gif
Highlight of the weekend was this big fella, probably a 400 pounder about 10 ft. from the cabin's door!

Last edited:
I just got home this afternoon and he/she is doing fine. Survived 4 days with the pet sitter, so that is pretty promising. Not growing like the others though, as soon as I can, I will get some pics so you can see the difference. How are you doing? Been away 4 days but it feels a lot longer, anything I need to catch up on?
lau.gif
Highlight of the weekend was this big fella, probably a 400 pounder about 10 ft. from the cabin's door!

ep.gif
OH MY
ep.gif
glad the baby is hanging in there
clap.gif

lau.gif

C'mon Forest! You can do it!!
thumbsup.gif

Boy, what a visitor!
ep.gif

Here's our IBBS girl at almost exactly the same age as the ones in your photo:

Are yours 100% BS?
If so, than judging by our girl - which, I confess, is my only experience with BS - it looks like you may have 3 boys?
(I'm only basing this on the fact that yours seem darker than our girl, which may be meaningless!)
Agreed, our two bs girls never got that dark. its completely meaningfull :) that's how you tell with the bs :)

What color genetics do you think this yearling peacock has?

He is from a farm that has 25-30 free range peafowl and they have no idea the genetics of them.

I'm no expert but we have a ibbs male and that's what he looked like at a year old - or younger, I'd post pict but my computer is not letting me upload... :) very pretty boy!!!

ok got one to work, here's a purple bs hen at 14 weeks - this is rose two years ago.

Heres a good pict of her back about 9 weeks old. Sorry they're not in order of age, im fighting with my computer...

6 months old.

1 year 3 months - ibbs male and female in background same age.

and at two years :)

Disclaimer: I don't know how to sex peachicks, lol, but thought I might have some fun, so
based on a combo of color, weight and behavior, I'm gonna guess the sex on these four.

What are the odds on guessing the sex on four?

27 days old in these pictures
Male

Male

Female

Female

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom