2014 breeding season begins, post your results

When i worm my wee peas they are ages from a week old and older and all has went just fine, sosix weeks old is ok

Have you wormed them at all yet? try some scrambled eggs and if he eats that i bet he is just holding out on you waiting for thew meal worms but being fuzzed up could be a sign of illness coming on lick cocci and mabe worms but don't you have them penned in a brooder? if so i do not think they would have worms as there would be no way for them to get them from the ground like mine can

My pea is in a cage on the ground and he loves mealy worms. He will grab them out of my fingers !

idunno.gif
more info please

Yes they may very well be fertile. Where you been hiden?
I was at Gulf Coast Bible Camp being a counselor for our church youthgroup. I had a ton of fun and I got up early on some of the mornings to go down to the lake and watch the herons hunt for fish and frogs before the day got started.

Can you worm a 6 week old pea if with what and how much. I may just be paranoid, but he is all fuzed up. All he wants to eat are milley worms. I have to mix the worms with his crumbies to get him to eat them!
Yes you can worm them at that age. At that age they should weigh about 500 grams according to the data I have. At 500 grams I would give .25ml Safeguard if I was treating for cecal worms or .1ml Safeguard for five days in a row if I was treating for capillary worms.

Do you have Corid? I would be more suspicious of coccidiosis, but he could be sick with something else like blackhead or enteritis. Can you post a picture of his poop? Poop picture will really help.

-Kathy

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that you should worm him, just that you can. The amounts above are for a 500 gram chick. If your chick is lighter, it would need less. Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom