2014 breeding season begins, post your results

I think you're right about the peachick on the left being male and the peachick on the right being female.
These circled feathers without barring on the girl are the giveaway, these are probably what helped you decide she's a she!

Ok, I have 4, 9 week olds. I think I have one male and 3 girls. What do you think? I couldn't get pics of all of them (it's raining and they are hiding), but the one on the left is the one that I think is male, and the one on the right is one that I think is a female. The other 2 are like her, very little barring and dark brown primaries.
Wow, how lucky are you, lol! One boy, three girls, wish I were you. -Kathy

I always get all of one sex. One year it was all peahens, the next all peacocks, although to be fair some peachicks died the year I had all males so there might have been some girls. I still am not sure if they died from venturing out of the pen or if rats killed them. I learned this year from a nearby breeder that evidently rats will kill chicks (ducklings, peachicks, chicken chicks, etc)?! Not good I saw a rat mamma carrying her babies into the peafowl pen recently. Not sure if tree rats aka squirrels would kill one. I don't see how a rat could get close enough to kill a peachick without the peahen noticing...

Disclaimer: I don't know how to sex peachicks, lol, but thought I might have some fun, so
based on a combo of color, weight and behavior, I'm gonna guess the sex on these four.

What are the odds on guessing the sex on four?

27 days old in these pictures
Male

Male

Female

Female

-Kathy
So you all remember this post? Here is PA4 yesterday

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom