2014 breeding season begins, post your results

Congratulations, this should help heal your heart, can't wait to see the new one
caf.gif

We came home to a newly hatched white Peachick! These were the final 2, one quit a few days ago, and this one I didn't have much hope for. It's doing very well though:) I'll get a picture soon.

Very cool, I REALLY wanted a few whites this year, the local person I got my eggs from only has two hens (one white and one regular) a well as a white male and a few regular males, so obviously statistics said I should have got a few whites as I took every egg from both hens this season and as of today have hatched out 27 (two failed to thrive)... I'm guessing their white male was/is an under performer or the girls just don't like him... I did hatch out several split to white birds with the white flights, but not a single pure white...

Oh well next year I will focus more on the color morphs to accent my current family, or maybe I'll find some locally as winter rolls around...

Thanks everyone! You guys make me feel better.

Update :
We came home to a newly hatched white Peachick! These were the final 2, one quit a few days ago, and this one I didn't have much hope for. It's doing very well though:) I'll get a picture soon.

Congrats!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom