2014 Crochet square swap, colorful circles.

Ditto, Rancher and Carolina Hen. My thoughts are with your families. Hoping your loved ones both feel better very soon!

Seems like most of us are dealing with something. My dad and brother went in for surgery on the same day last week. My brother for pinched nerves in his back. They shaved off some of his effected herniated disc in his back - never knew they could do that) and he is still having a really rough go. Dad went for two stints in his heart. He had a heart attack in February and has been having problems since. We only expected him to get one stint, if any, so they kept him over night. He seems to be recovering, though its been slow. Of course, both surgeries were scheduled at exactly the same time in two different hospitals! When I got home (had to fly there to see them) my horse was in full blown colic, so I spent the last 4 days and nights outside tending to him in freezing weather. Was up through the night every 4 hours to check on him and to give him shots to relax the soft tissues. Looks like my efforts are paying off, but he is not out of the woods yet.

You can say that today, we have a lot to be thankful for.

On another note, Kassaundra, I just PM'd you about sending you postage, but if you have paypal, I can get it to you as soon as you PM me your info! If they charge you a fee I'll send extra to cover that, too.

That just reminded me I was suppose to sent acemario my paypal info. I am back at work today so will send you guys the info tomorrow, hope I can remember that long! lol lol lol I don't think they charge to use paypal.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I haven't been on.

I'm almost done. Saw the doc again this week. Just another cold. I've been using my inhaler more than usual.

DW is doing better. Her wound almost healed but has about another month to six weeks. Then radiation.

She's very moody which is not like her.

Glad you two are still hanging in there.
hugs.gif

Just checking in, has anyone heard from Rancher>?

I pm'ed him earlier this week. He and his wife have had some health setbacks, but overall are plugging away. He is still participating in this swap, so I didn't think it would be a big deal to wait until after the holidays so he could participate. He said he will be mailing this week.

Sweet, Im glad he is doing well. I don't care about the squares so much. whenever they get here is fine. If you are sending paypal info, don't forget about sending it to me, too!

Our group of crocheters participating in the swaps keeps dwindling.  I think there are a few reasons for this, the cost of postage being one, the commitment to multiple squares, trying to find something to do w/ the squares (not everyone crochets for afghans) and a few others.

I have been thinking about this and trying to come up w/ some ideas for changes for future swaps.  I think I've come up w/ some new and hopefully exciting changes that will address these problems and at the same time include more of our yarn / thread friends.

I will post more about this after this swap is finished and shoot for our first new swap style for after the first of the year.
I just found out about this! I'm so sad too, bcz I would have participated.

Just checking in, has anyone heard from Rancher>?
I am really sorry to hold things up. I'm nearly done. Everyone has been sick. The GD's, DD, her husband, me and DW of course.

Last time some friends came and the wife told me "you need to see the doctor brother" . So I did and it was bronchitis. This time my DD yelled at me to go, so I did. I'm tired of sickness. Of course when you think of the alternatives, it could be worse.
lol.png

DW is doing the best of any of us. Though she does get tired.

DD to the ER this week. Missed Christmas and Thanksgiving she did.

I've been working on the squares all day and nearly done. Just a few to finish. We have an APC for mailing things so even if the PO is closed I can still mail them out.

I'm hoping next year will be much better for us. Not that others in this world haven't had it worse, cuz Lord knows they have.

Chin up as I always say to others, now I say it to myself.

Miles to go before I sleep.

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom