2014 Crochet square swap, colorful circles.

Thanks guys, I know I shouldn't be angry at her, but my brother just had the kids for 4 days, and she waits until the day they come back to her (ages 3 and 5) to do this crap. When my brother picked up the children the 5 year old, said "Daddy, mommy is dead". She is living w/ a drug addict (just out of prison and currently on probation for drug charges, and just a few weeks ago in a traffic stop was caught w/ a joint) and he was trying to pass the kids off as his, had no intention of even letting my brother know to come pick up the children.
somad.gif

Thanks guys, I know I shouldn't be angry at her, but my brother just had the kids for 4 days, and she waits until the day they come back to her (ages 3 and 5) to do this crap. When my brother picked up the children the 5 year old, said "Daddy, mommy is dead". She is living w/ a drug addict (just out of prison and currently on probation for drug charges, and just a few weeks ago in a traffic stop was caught w/ a joint) and he was trying to pass the kids off as his, had no intention of even letting my brother know to come pick up the children.
somad.gif
Well lets hope the kids will be okay and with your brother. Too, that she gets the help she needs.

Take care,

Okay guys, I have them all sorted, was planning on mailing and pricing the ones that need pricing today and all that, but I have had unexpected aunt duties arise.  My brother's recent "X" tried to kill herself yesterday, in front of their small children, it was touch and go for a while, she has been "stabilized" in ICU now, hoping things will calm enough to get these out and postage prices sent to you that need them tonight or sometime tomorrow.

You have far more important things to think about right now. Don't fret about getting the squares out. Take care of your family.

Rancher I didn't open your box until I sorted the squares a few nights ago then all the drama happened and I forgot to thank you for the soap, it was a very nice surprise.

Two boxes got sent today, I'm going to pm the others the paypal info and postage info hopefully tonight.

I'm glad you liked it. I just tossed the catalog in, but don't personally know the woman who makes the soap. She does the demonstration at the NYS fair and I buy some each year. She has some nice flavors.

My box came today!!!! I'm so excited!! The colors are great and the squares look wonderful! Can't wait to put it all together :) Thanks so much for coordinating this!

Well don't forget I'd like to start another. I am participating on the Beach donation thing but that's only 1 - 4 squares and easy to do.

Last edited:
As soon as I get the last of the boxes shipped out, I am going to post my idea for future swap(s) to see what everyone thinks.

Things are calming down some here, after the big crisis. It surprised me how DHS viewed suicide attempting in the presence of small children as not a reason for removal of children. But I think most of my involvement is lessened for now anyway.

I received my blocks today! All the different colors will make it a fun afghan to make. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
somad.gif
Good grief, sorry about all that. No worries about the squares, I'm certainly not in a hurry. I'll send postage when I get home tonight.

Back
Top Bottom