2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big 8! lol its resting until sunday night in a cooler until we freeze it! and then we will make one on Tuesday! nothing like home grown chicken, wish I had known it years ago!

I know, it was freeeeezzzzing all night, but I had four dogs on top of me making me kick off the covers!!!!! go figure!!

Thank you
wink.png
! its the son, but he said thank you to all as well! Have a wonderful Sunday!

They will be fine, its normal! if you want quickly add a milk lid or small lid as such of chick starter or grow gel with a marble/s in it to give them a head start, I always do when I have several chicks when I need to add water. When I open the bator I wipe the front or lid with a hot damp rag to add instant humidity. and then get out of Dodge.
I know! my oldest is 27! lol luke is the baby of my gang, he is the baby of the 2nd set lol,

5! cake is almost out of the oven, it is smelling delish and its warming up the house!!

Cute kids. Make sure that you tell your son that there are a lot of BYC..ers..wishing him a happy birthday.

Love the look of that chicken all dressed out. Yumm..it's big too!

Have to say..don't run yourself down sweetheart, try and get a rest .......somewhere in the day, days....

Last edited:
I really think that 70 is too high.  Keeping it close to 60% is going to be best.  Don't want any condensation on the windows, if you have them in the top of your bator. 

Ok thanks. I figured it was,but thanks for clarifying. So I will keep it at around 60 percent during lockdown.

I got impatient so I grabbed the 3 chicks out of the incubator & gave them straight to the broody hens. They accepted them right away, no problem! The bator chicks were a little confused & didn't know to snuggle under the hen, but the littlest one figured it out pretty quickly.

The mamas still had one unhatched egg, and they just pushed it out of the nest so I am assuming it's bad. We threw it in the incubator but I am not expecting any more hatches. I am happy with 8 chicks! That makes 5/6 that hatched with the broodies and 3/6 in the bator. So the broodies win, lol.

Oh, and @frmboyinthecity, here's a picture of some ayam cemani eggs that you asked for yesterday, next to a jumbo white egg laid by a leghorn. Lighting's not the best, but you can get an idea of size.

Thanks! Although I don't know if I need 17 more chickens. She seems to think so. So does Ginger, my other hen who might be going broody - for the first time in her life - in the nest next to her.

Thanks! I'd heard different things on what their eggs looked like. If you google it, some of the images show jet black eggs as well, so I wasn't sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom