BYC's 2023 Spooktacular Halloween Hatch-Along

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more update! The one that was still in the cup was standing and walking on its own before I went to bed. Bothe have been transferred to the brooder box with the others!

Three eggs left, if not hatched by bed tonight will be pulling them so I can clean/while down the brooder for the next batch.
That is good news!
View attachment 3673825
View attachment 3673826
First survivor is out, waiting impatiently

Nice!

The egg has a very large hole in it.

As of today I had 11 hatch. 2 eggs left in incubator, maybe 1 of the 2 with a slim chance.
20231102_075612.jpg

Last edited:
My chicks are hatching out like popcorn now, 2 days late. The “Halloween hatch” consists of 2 Oct. 30th turkeys, 1 Oct. 31st chick, 1 Nov. 1st chick, and 5 Nov. 2nd chicks so far.

Most weirdly staggered hatch I’ve ever had. The chicken eggs were all set the same day, and the turkey eggs only 7 days prior, around the same time of day. It‘s a bit humorous only one of them hatched on Halloween, and the turkeys hatched early while the chicks hatched late. It was fun joining in though. Hatching isn’t quite finished(several eggs pipped currently, not yet hatched) but I’ve gotten my turkeys and 1 little Halloween chick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom