2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first 2 are out they hatched exactly the same time.

I don't think I ever posted a photo of my babies that hatched. So out of 11 that went into lock down (5 BCM, 6 d'uccle), 6 hatched total. Most of the d'Uccle were shrink wrapped :(. I had 2 assists if i remember right. One of the D'uccle chicks had curled toes and other issues I'm sure. When we put "booties" on it, instead of trying to walk/be mobile, it would just fall over and lay there, not try and move. My husband tried nursing it/giving it sugar water/electrolyte water, etc. It wouldn't eat. After 2 days it passed. So down to 5 from 11. Not bad still. BUT we have 1 BCM with RSS/failure to thrive or some such. Eats, drinks, and is merry, just the size of a 2-3 day old instead of a 2 week old. Speedy the D'uccle is starting to get bigger than Squeaker (fka Siren) now. And Squeaker's wing feathers are finally starting to come in!
Sorry that you had some difficulty. The babies you have look great.

Sally, why yes, yes I do stay up for my babies to hatch. Well, sort of. I have the bator in a guest bedroom, so, there is a bed that is nice and comfy...when I hear a frantic, oh my goodness I just hatched scream, I get up and take my babies out and put them into the brooder. I have 7 babies this morning! Have I ever said that I love love hatching EE's! I love all of the different colors! It's like Christmas and you're waiting to unwrap a gift, you never know what will show up.
These photos aren't the best, but for now, here are my 7 and I think you were asking what everyone did for separation in their brooders. I do want these babies to be together eventually, so there is a photo of the way I do it.

Here is how I separate them. Just a wire between them that fits tight. I am taking
the photo through the top wire, that I lay the lamp on.

A few single shots to show muffs!

I see now that the kind of separator you were asking about is .. when..the eggs are in the bator. I think..?? I don't know what I think .. sometimes..just don't know. Anyway, there's a photo of my in the brooder separator..and I don't use a separator in the bator, there have been times I wish I had! I like ron's idea of the fruit baskets though.

Last edited:
Sally, why yes, yes I do stay up for my babies to hatch. Well, sort of. I have the bator in a guest bedroom, so, there is a bed that is nice and comfy...when I hear a frantic, oh my goodness I just hatched scream, I get up and take my babies out and put them into the brooder. I have 7 babies this morning! Have I ever said that I love love hatching EE's! I love all of the different colors! It's like Christmas and you're waiting to unwrap a gift, you never know what will show up. These photos aren't the best, but for now, here are my 7 and I think you were asking what everyone did for separation in their brooders. I do want these babies to be together eventually, so there is a photo of the way I do it. Here is how I separate them. Just a wire between them that fits tight. I am taking the photo through the top wire, that I lay the lamp on. A few single shots to show muffs! I see now that the kind of separator you were asking about is .. when..the eggs are in the bator. I think..?? I don't know what I think .. sometimes..just don't know. Anyway, there's a photo of my in the brooder separator..and I don't use a separator in the bator, there have been times I wish I had! I like ron's idea of the fruit baskets though.
They are gorgeous!

I know!!! I already HATE IT!!! argggggg

yep the time change bed bed bed screwing me up not you???
So far, I have refused to change my clocks..... I rebel every year, right up until I really screw something up. Kids and hub still in PA. Animals still go by the sun.....My jobs are based on deadlines not hours...It's all good
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom