2015 HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long, Join us IF YOU DARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't put three roosters together or they will fight. With no hens. There our 3 coops out side. But the one has holes in it so roosters can get over top of it tell we can close it in again. We had a bad rain storm a few months ago. Now it's open as one coop. The coop by the pool is a smaller coop.we tried too put the females in that coop with the other females. They where picked on severely to we had to put another coop in. The ones in the house also got picked on in bigger coop. That mom and dads coop.

One rooster leghorn is aggressive . One Easter egger rooster. And one mixed rooster leghorn and I believe it was the female golden sex link. Two have not hit mating yet.

He's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Was he your only hatch from that union? No hens? One problem I have with my hens' eggs is except for Goldie's and my Diva's eggs (Diva is my newest cutie-pic below), I have no idea which of my other 3 hens lays what. All my other eggs are brown except one is what I'd call a light pink. My other hens are a Delaware, Australorpe & Barred Rock. Frizzle's 2 main squeezes are the Australorpe and Barred Rock. I will have to see if Goldie's eggs are even fertile. She and Hazel, my Delaware, are never bare of feathers; and Diva will not allow Frizzle near her ever.

Yes, he is their only offspring. I only set the one egg and then the rooster was killed by a racoon...This guy is a pretty cool roo though
smile.png

There is someone close by me who is breeding blue egg laying silkie crosses.... Fun projects!

I am not a medical professional and my advice isn't worth the time taken reading it...

As a child I had a horrible allergy to all grass plants (corn, lawn grasses, crabgrass, etc). I'd break out in hives, my throat would swell shut, I had to take tons of antihistamines and wear a pollen mask from March through October. One option was to move to the desert, away from all grasses. So my parents moved to the country, to a farm, with fallow hayfields full of grass and weeds, and next to a horse farm that had thousands of bales of hay brought in on a regular basis. I was stuck inside the house, miserable...but my love for horses took me next door, where I went to work, eventually unloading hay trucks. After weeks of heavy, continuous exposure, my grass allergy gradually declined. I get a 15 minute contact dermatitis reaction if I walk through a cornfield now, but nothing worse.

I was also severely allergic to beestings, but when I was stung earlier this year in the eyelid I had hardly any reaction.

I had a bunch of less-than-lethal food allergies that kept me from eating strawberries, citrus, nuts, tomatoes...all gone.

I can only say that whatever happened, avoiding the things that I was allergic to did not make me less allergic, exposure did, much like the allergy shots given (I hate needles so I avoided those!).

What we'll do for horses.....
That's cool that your system has reprogrammed. Sounds like you did the right thing.

We have another cage coming it's on layaway .we were trying to make the one by the pool bigger.and if I can't get the ones in house by mom and dad I will have to put them in it.

I can't put three roosters together or they will fight. With no hens. There our 3 coops out side. But the one has holes in it so roosters can get over top of it tell we can close it in again. We had a bad rain storm a few months ago. Now it's open as one coop. The coop by the pool is a smaller coop.we tried too put the females in that coop with the other females. They where picked on severely to we had to put another coop in. The ones in the house also got picked on in bigger coop. That mom and dads coop.

You may have trouble, then, if you try to raise babies as they will need a different pen too.

Are you in an area where you have to pen up your roosters, or can they wander the yard freely? They may not fight if loose. I have multiple roosters together whenever necessary and after a couple of days of establishing who is boss, they quiet down. If they can go over the top, how about trimming their wing feathers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom