2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
So here is my latest weight chart: The three circled are cause for concern as at two weeks were under 100 grams. -Kathy
Both of the chicks momma is raising were under 100g at 2 weeks. I need to weigh them again. I'll do that tonight. They were both small at hatch though in comparison to the other 3 that hatched from different parents. What was their starting weight? I would think if they've gained an equal amount as the others but started smaller you could expect their weight at the same age to be a bit lower.

Both of the chicks momma is raising were under 100g at 2 weeks. I need to weigh them again. I'll do that tonight. They were both small at hatch though in comparison to the other 3 that hatched from different parents.

What was their starting weight? I would think if they've gained an equal amount as the others but started smaller you could expect their weight at the same age to be a bit lower.

Well I didn't get them weighed as momma took them to the roof last night! I was worried sick about it and in shock they got up there. They were out with her this morning so they made it their first night out!

Here they are. All still doing great. On our 4th day.

My chicks are 2 wks old today. Here is their birth weight:
#6: 64.7g
#4: 63.8g
#2: 67.3g
Here are thier 2 week weights:
#6: 114.8g
#4: 137.4g
#2: 150.0g

How are they doing?

Last edited:
My chicks are 2 wks old today. Here is their birth weight:
#6: 64.7g
#4: 63.8g
#2: 67.3g
Here are thier 2 week weights:
#6: 114.8g
#4: 137.4g
#2: 150.0g

How are they doing?
They look perfect! Will be interesting to see if #6 is female and #2 is male.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom