2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
I have a peachick that hatched yesterday her egg buddy didn't make it so she is alone. I'm trying to show her water and mashed hard boiled egg yolks. I know they need companions any tips?

I have a peachick that hatched yesterday her egg buddy didn't make it so she is alone. I'm trying to show her water and mashed hard boiled egg yolks. I know they need companions any tips?

I have 1 like this. He is over 2 months old now.

I work from home 3 days a week but also have 4 boys!! I just let him out to follow me around as often as possible. Sleep on my lap during evening downtime or ride on my shoulder to do laundry. .or whatever non active household chore you may task yourself with. Bring it along for company.

For the time you have to be away or just want a break a stuffed animal will help. I say Help. They are loud and can be quite needy. I put ours in a dog crate. Added some parakeet toys. Hanging mirror with a bell, different height roosts..etc. It won't completely occupy it's time but will allow some entertainment briefly on occasion.

Or..find another peachick for company. Or chicken chick. Maybe a broody hen that is sitting. Slip the babe under her after taking the eggs one evening. I had one that it didn't matter she preferred my company and would be with the hen only if I wasn't within sight.

It's trying but you just have to see what works best for both of you.

I too had a single pea chick a month ago, it peeped constantly, really needy, I carried it around with me for 4 days,but when I introduced a newly hatched chick put off the incubator it turned into mum/dad feeding the chick off its beak, when before it would only take food off my finger, funny couple tho, pea and serama, will look ridiculous when they are fully grown

Thanks! She does peep A LOT!
I have a baby chick but her legs are wonky so until she stands I didn't think I could put them in together. I'm trying to give her as much attention but I also have 2 toddlers.

Mine had spayed legs, I put tape on for 48 hrs then legs were ok , but they need company, hope you do as well as I did Will try and post pics

I taped the baby chicks legs but she rolls to her back and sleeps. It's like she is lazy she eats from me and drinks just no desire to stand.... I know the baby pea would love her company but just don't know if this chick is gonna make it.

I taped the baby chicks legs but she rolls to her back and sleeps. It's like she is lazy she eats from me and drinks just no desire to stand.... I know the baby pea would love her company but just don't know if this chick is gonna make it.
can you post a picture of how you taped them? This is how I do mine:
ere is how I did one:

Congrats on hatching a peachick!! I'm so happy for you. How did the hatch go? My 3 are a month old and obsessed with me. I also have small children or is probably have them sleeping with me! Lol. They need LOTS of attention or will cry nonstop. Hopefully the chick gets better and you can put them together!

My peahen has been missing for about a month. Today we found her hidden in some weeds with 4 little surprises

Back
Top Bottom