2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Update on the babies ;)

Another hen suprised us with 17 little chicks ;)

Growing fast

My buff pair hatched 4 more buff African goslings (sexes are unknown as both parents are buff).
These are sloppy Joes parents

Serv! Good to see you. Thanks for the congrats. I am super excited to have a white african baby! I do not have any more guaranteed pure white eggs left, but I have a few eggs from my white goose cooking under a broody and I may get lucky? I also have a few dewlaps cooking under a broody, so I may also get another dewlap or two before season is over. If not, I'm still pleased with the two babies that I hatched this year and there's always next year.

Love the pics! Your babies are getting so big. What a fabulous surprise to hatch out four more buff goslings. Congrats!! What's your total buff count now? Also congrats on the 17 chicks. That is a huge clutch for one hen! I had a muscovy march off her nest yesterday with 6 babies. I was relieved it was not double that as she usually hatches a dozen babies at a time.

Serv! Good to see you. Thanks for the congrats. I am super excited to have a white african baby! I do not have any more guaranteed pure white eggs left, but I have a few eggs from my white goose cooking under a broody and I may get lucky? I also have a few dewlaps cooking under a broody, so I may also get another dewlap or two before season is over. If not, I'm still pleased with the two babies that I hatched this year and there's always next year. Love the pics! Your babies are getting so big. What a fabulous surprise to hatch out four more buff goslings. Congrats!! What's your total buff count now? Also congrats on the 17 chicks. That is a huge clutch for one hen! I had a muscovy march off her nest yesterday with 6 babies. I was relieved it was not double that as she usually hatches a dozen babies at a time.
Thanks! My total buff count altogether is 14 buff goslings and 7 brown african goslings ;) I got more buffs then i asked for :D One of my brown african females started to lay again and she has a one month old buff gosling.....seems odd but we'll see what that will turn out like.

Ethel hatched her goslings this past weekend. She hatched 6, but one was smashed in the nest. I have 5 little balls of fluff walking around with 5 big balls of anger lol I have a dozen new goslings for this year now, which isn't bad.

The sight of seeing goslings with the mothers is always a fun sight
Your flock is growing again ;)

Serv, those are amazing numbers. Will you keep them all?

With my two new additions, my total goose count is at 34, which is about how many I've been maintaining for the last 4 years. Still have a few more weeks until season is over and I hope to hatch another dewlap, but if not there is always next year.

Serv, those are amazing numbers.  Will you keep them all?  

With my two new additions, my total goose count is at 34, which is about how many I've been maintaining for the last 4 years.  Still have a few more weeks until season is over and I hope to hatch another dewlap, but if not there is always next year.

Yes well all the females anyway.
I will keep the Buff males too and will pick the largest brown males.
I will start selling goslings next year using my current flock and goslings ;)
How are your goslings?

This is Barbra who hatched out a buff gosling 4 weeks ago with Sloppy joe. She decided to mate again and lay 5 eggs. She started brooding again since the 19th and the father is most likely sayjay a brown african gander :S
Looks like i might get brown african females after all:rolleyes:

Sloppy joe and his daughter :rolleyes:

Buff pair with 4 buff goslings

The mixed gosling bunch

Evil

Back
Top Bottom