2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Candled the 9 eggs and saw 6 eggs fertile and 3 infertile. Two were infertile the other had a blood ring. Strangely enough I had another egg with a blood ring which was on the same location in the incubator -_-
Anyways 6 were fertile in the first batch and 6 in the second meaning I should have 12 African goslings if all goes well!
6 from the buff female and 6 from the brown female.
Better then last year with only 7 fertile out of 24

My only egg due this week is wiggling. I hope it hatches been trying to hatch goose eggs for 3 years last year they pipped but never absorbed their yolk.

My only egg due this week is wiggling. I hope it hatches been trying to hatch goose eggs for 3 years last year they pipped but never absorbed their yolk.
Good Luck!!!!!!!!
fl.gif

Well once she was across the road and inside the gate the rooster came out from the trees and mated with her
1f60f.png

Naughty chicken

Ahh... So next time people ask why our chickens cross the road we can tell them to get alittle somethin somethin??
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back to geese
big_smile.png

If I set my eggs at 5 am on Tuesday do you count the days like chicken eggs and consider Tuesday night day 1?

Ahh... So next time people ask why our chickens cross the road we can tell them to get alittle somethin somethin??   :lau :lau

Back to geese :D

If I set my eggs at 5 am on Tuesday do you count the days like chicken eggs and consider Tuesday night day 1?

Exactly
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I don't count the day I set my goose eggs I see it as a day the embryo is going settle down.

Exactly
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I don't count the day I set my goose eggs I see it as a day the embryo is going settle down.

Ok, thats what I thought.. I didn't turn them for 24 hours to allow them to settle. I did a test candle at 6 am as I was turning them ( since I am not counting Tuesday this would be day 4) and all have signs of veining!! Yay!!!!!!!!

wee.gif

Nevermind my goose egg..is dead. Not surprised at all. So are all my other eggs that was shipped....this is why I dont buy peoples eggs......if i want chicks ill stick to buying them. This is not the first time shipped eggs never hatched. But it is the last as im not wasting my time incubating dead eggs

Nevermind my goose egg..is dead. Not surprised at all. So are all my other eggs that was shipped....this is why I dont buy peoples eggs......if i want chicks ill stick to buying them. This is not the first time shipped eggs never hatched. But it is the last as im not wasting my time incubating dead eggs

You MUST be doing something wrong??? Surely three years of trying to hatch you would get something..

You MUST be doing something wrong??? Surely three years of trying to hatch you would get something..

Ive tried everything. Ill stick to eating them. This is beyond stupid already. They grow then die before hatching. Everytime. The temp is right so is the humidity.

Ok so here's what's up for me. My Sebbie egg is doing good in the bator, and she laid 4 and sat on them, but 3 died, so she has 1 left going strong. I am going to set some African eggs tomorrow. I forget what day my Sebbie egg is on, but hopefully it makes it.

Back
Top Bottom