2016 Gosling Hatch-a-long

Ive tried everything. Ill stick to eating them. This is beyond stupid already. They grow then die before hatching. Everytime. The temp is right so is the humidity.

I didn't know you had shipped eggs? No wonder the aircells moved
But yes I agree with Carrosaur you must have been doing something wrong but then the moving air cells can be the cause :L

You can't hatch an egg with a moving air cell. That's how the chick gets its air before externally pipping, and it's body is in the position to pierce the air cell on the big side of the egg, if the air cell isn't there, they die because they cannot breathe.

You can't hatch an egg with a moving air cell. That's how the chick gets its air before externally pipping, and it's body is in the position to pierce the air cell on the big side of the egg, if the air cell isn't there, they die because they cannot breathe.

They dont reattach either already tried that. The ones that do reattach are badly saddled. Which they wont hatch that way either.

Well my hatch was a complete flop. My goose was sitting on 4 eggs (2 fertile, 2 not) faithfully. They were supposed to hatch while I was on spring break (I was disappointed that the farm sitter would get to see them first). When we got back she was only sitting on the 2 infertile eggs. I have no idea what happened to the other 2 and I've never had eggs go missing before. No dead goslings anywhere to be found. Such a mystery. My goose is a pilgrim, will she start laying again and try to hatch another clutch or is she done?

I have 9 eggs in the nest now. I am sure the American Buff and the Italian/Skåke mix are laying eggs, but they are using the same nest. How does that work? The Toulouse might be laying, but I have not seen her do it yet. Anyways, I am planning of removing a few and try my hand at hatching them. I have done quail, chicken, duck and turkey before. My question is, will these geese accept the ones I hatch?

I have 9 eggs in the nest now. I am sure the American Buff and the Italian/Skåke mix are laying eggs, but they are using the same nest. How does that work? The Toulouse might be laying, but I have not seen her do it yet. Anyways, I am planning of removing a few and try my hand at hatching them. I have done quail, chicken, duck and turkey before. My question is, will these geese accept the ones I hatch?

They should. Unless they hatch their own, I had a problem last year where once my gander and his lady had their own goslings, they wouldn't accept some of the ones I bought from a hatchery. They would chase them away. But if they all hatch about the same time I don't think they'll know.

Hello,

I'm Elise, Dutch, living in France. I have chickens and quails, until the neighbours from the next village gave me some of their goose eggs to make a nice giant omelette.

But no, I set the 6 eggs 5 weeks ago in the incubator, 4 were infertile but the other 2 were ok and hatched last Monday / Tuesday. They are just wonderful! I walked them yesterday and they followed me everywhere. What a joy!

vimeo_logo.png

Back
Top Bottom