2017 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
henny -- I used a regular camera for my photos. Not sure the size of your photos with a phone since I don't use a cell phone. Yep, we're still using our house phone. I just don't have a use for a cell phone at the moment. Next year will be here before you know it! Don't feel sad I've never won either. This is the second time I've entered. We do have great photographers here that can really take great photos. I'm not a pro at this but I try my best to get a photo if I can!

anyone can take a photo!
its getting the chickens to collaborate thats the problem, they just wont coop-erate most of the time, i had so many pics of tails and headless chickens it wasnt funny

and if you fall short on dimensions, try loading it into a paint program and make it bigger and see what it looks like. my max on a 5mega pixel was about 2860ish so a slight resize to 3000 and keeping aspect ratio didnt affect the image quality at all.

Last edited:
henny -- I used a regular camera for my photos. Not sure the size of your photos with a phone since I don't use a cell phone. Yep, we're still using our house phone. I just don't have a use for a cell phone at the moment. Next year will be here before you know it! Don't feel sad I've never won either. This is the second time I've entered. We do have great photographers here that can really take great photos. I'm not a pro at this but I try my best to get a photo if I can!
Thanks!
smile.png
Your right, the time flies!

anyone can take a photo!
its getting the chickens to collaborate thats the problem, they just wont coop-erate most of the time, i had so many pics of tails and headless chickens it wasnt funny

and if you fall short on dimensions, try loading it into a paint program and make it bigger and see what it looks like. my max on a 5mega pixel was about 2860ish so a slight resize to 3000 and keeping aspect ratio didnt affect the image quality at all.
I know, uncooperative little buggers! That's good advice, I'll have to do that next year.
smile.png

I take photos all year long trying to get a good photo of the girls but it's hard since they like to follow me around thinking that I have something good to give them, hmm! I think they think I'm their mama! Mine want to sit most of the time so, I throw them treats just to get them up and moving around. But if you try to pick one up they seem to run from me unless I stand still in one place reach down and doing it quickly then I can pick one up.

Yes. Start taking pictures now to save for next year. I always find the color at this time of year makes for good pictures

Part of entering a contest, especially one as big as this, is the understanding that there will be a wait as we judge the entries.
wink.png
All the entries were great and it takes a long time for us to narrow them down and finally announce the winners.

-- Just a little thing I wanted to remind people of with all the discussion going on here. :)

Last edited:
Have patience everyone. This is a long process that takes quite a while. We will let you know as soon as possible!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom