2017 Zodiac Hatch-a-Long

@ChickenCanoe I just logged in on my desktop (usually use my phone) and see that you're in St. Louis! I'm just across the river in Belleville, IL :) Only like 30 minutes away!

frow.gif

Subscribing, i might give this a shot..

I've been collecting eggs for the last 10 days but right now the temperature is 8F. I'm trying to collect several times a day but I'm sure some may get too cold before I can get them. I'll probably have over a dozen I'm setting on the 8th.

You're right Chaos. But when it hovers around 8F for a while I'm getting a few frozen solid with a longitudinal crack.
I should be able to check nests every couple hours but I haven't given it due diligence.

ETA
In fact, it is best that eggs cool down quickly to a point after they are laid - just not below freezing.
Ideally, for hatching eggs, there should only be 2 temperature changes. A cool down when laid and then slowly brought back up to incubation temp on set day.

Last edited:
I'll probably be setting by noon today after I collect eggs. It has been so cold, I'm sure I have a few that froze before I got to them. We're finally getting above freezing today for the first time in a week.

Okay.... guess I am in as I set yesterday... I was suppose to get peeps to theceltchorse from
new years day hatch but ended up selling all to 2 new chicken people all about an hour away from me.
so set 16 yesterday hoping to have enough to supply theceltichorse and and other new
that should become interested

Back
Top Bottom