$25 leghorn

lynviviana

Chirping
Jul 4, 2021
Looking into selling a few of my leghorn males and females. is $25 a good price for each? Theyre 10 months and the girls are at their prime with egg laying.

Looking into selling a few of my leghorn males and females. is $25 a good price for each? Theyre 10 months and the girls are at their prime with egg laying.
Depends on where you are located. In California, not many would pay $25 for a male Leghorn. Even free males tend to get ignored.

In CA, $25 for a Leghorn pullet seems to be the average price.

why wouldnt they for a rooster?
Why would they? Its supply and demand.

One male can serve many hens. I have one rooster for 20 hens and have an 100% fertility rate. Many people also do not have the resources to keep males in CA. Lots of rules and regulations, as roosters are loud and disrupt neighbors. For example, I have 2 males that I do not want, but nobody would even take them for free. I see it all the time on Craigslist too, this includes purebreds.

Seems fair if the market is there, around here youd get 15-25 for laying pullets and very young hens in early spring. 25 not so much later in the year or now since people decrease flock size in winter or already have plenty of laying pullets from the spring hatch. As for $25 for a rooster you'd might get it around here in the early spring if hes with a trio or quad of girls and someones desperate. Again this time of year there are plenty of spare males so unless you paired him with a good amount of girls, even then youd be lucky to get an extra 10 added onto the sale. Most hens and pullets sell for $10-20 here in summer and fall. Just my analysis 👍

Depends on where you are located. In California, not many would pay $25 for a male Leghorn. Even free males tend to get ignored.

In CA, $25 for a Leghorn pullet seems to be the average price.
I'm from south Texas leghorns arent really popular here i purchased them from a murray mcmurray hatchery..

Back
Top Bottom