2yr Goose w/egg bind behaviour when not laying

Calcium Gluconate dosage
~0.2 ml per pound of bodyweight, which is 100 mg/kg.
Math for 1 pound:
1 / 2.2 x 100 / 230 = ~0.2 ml

Math for a five pound bird is:
5 / 2.2 x 100 / 230 = ~1.0 ml

My goose was 12 pounds so I gave her 2.4ML
WARNING DONT USE A SMALL SYRINGE THEY SUCK IT DOWN THEIR THROAT
smallest I can safely use for my geese is a 6ml syringe

You Rang? 😂 😂😂
Actually I posted asking about Cal Gluc dosage for my goose last year when I thought she was egg bound hang on ... Ill look for that post ... in the meantime here is what it looks like View attachment 3762825View attachment 3762825
It says injectable but dont do that! Just give it orally to a goose or a duck ...
heres the article I always refer to when suggesting someone give oral meds
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

One of my ducks has been walking like your goose ! started a few days ago, so I gave her Cal Gluc 3 days in a row and finally now she layed an egg. (sadly though it was out in the yard and the crows got to it before I did )
This is so wild - I went down to give her the stuff and she's walking fine, if I bit trepid. I couldn't find an egg anywhere... I'm going to have to keep a sharp eye on her and see if thise happens again.

You Rang? 😂 😂😂
Actually I posted asking about Cal Gluc dosage for my goose last year when I thought she was egg bound hang on ... Ill look for that post ... in the meantime here is what it looks like View attachment 3762825View attachment 3762825
It says injectable but dont do that! Just give it orally to a goose or a duck ...
heres the article I always refer to when suggesting someone give oral meds
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

One of my ducks has been walking like your goose ! started a few days ago, so I gave her Cal Gluc 3 days in a row and finally now she layed an egg. (sadly though it was out in the yard and the crows got to it before I did )
Have you any idea where I might find an equivalent product in Canada? I can't find that here.

@New duck mommy 2021 is in Canada and maybe able to help
The only local vet we have that handles farm animals says there isn't much I can do beside bathing, massaging, feeling if the eggs is near her vent and trying to help guide it out. He doesn't think supplements will do much good but said I can try anyways. He doesn't sell anything though.

She passed an egg 2 days ago, but this morning she was really bad again. I bathed her and now have her sitting in a straw nest in my tub.

The only local vet we have that handles farm animals says there isn't much I can do beside bathing, massaging, feeling if the eggs is near her vent and trying to help guide it out. He doesn't think supplements will do much good but said I can try anyways. He doesn't sell anything though.

She passed an egg 2 days ago, but this morning she was really bad again. I bathed her and now have her sitting in a straw nest in my tub.
I ordered this stuff for a duck that was having issues
It’s got both calcium and vitamin D needed to absorb the calcium
With a goose you could add a bit more as the ratio is for chickens
This should help her overall in her egg laying
I did 3 days on then 4 off for 2 weeks
It’s a Canadian Company
The owner answered her phone and talked with me
She isn’t a vet so can’t give advice but has chickens and explained how well it works for her
You can order off Amazon or directly from the link. I did Amazon as it was faster shipping
https://chicknswell.ca/en/products/chick-n-egg
Edited to add all her products are approved by health Canada

I ordered this stuff for a duck that was having issues
It’s got both calcium and vitamin D needed to absorb the calcium
With a goose you could add a bit more as the ratio is for chickens
This should help her overall in her egg laying
I did 3 days on then 4 off for 2 weeks
It’s a Canadian Company
The owner answered her phone and talked with me
She isn’t a vet so can’t give advice but has chickens and explained how well it works for her
You can order off Amazon or directly from the link. I did Amazon as it was faster shipping
https://chicknswell.ca/en/products/chick-n-egg
Edited to add all her products are approved by health Canada
Oh great, my boyfriend works at a pet store and they carry this. I didn't think it would be strong enough but I'm getting him to bring some home for her. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom