3 diff age goslings, how do I get them outside?

They stayed in "The Shire" last night for their first time. We love the movie the Hobbit so we named them after 4 characters and named their goose house after the Shire and tried to make it look a little like a hobbit place too. Haha we're dorky like that.

We kept a low wattage heat lamp on them till 10p to see how they'd do. It was 65 out so we turned it off and my hubs left for work at 5a so checked on them with a flashlight and said they were together but not shivering or squished. Yay! We have their food and water in there right now but will be taking it out once the baby is 4 weeks I think. That would make the oldest almost 2 months and I've read they don't need it IN their night time house. I hope that's correct because I know that would keep the mess down!

I'm hoping that if I have them around my granddaughter often that that will help them be friendly towards her. We have company a lot so I need them pretty socialized if possible but I am training them more away from the house instead of right by our porch. We'll see how that works since our free range chickens think the porch is their hangout place. Lol. We have 30 acres and they choose to stay under my feet. I love them all though! :) We've trained the chickens well and they're all sweet, fingers crossed we train the geese well too!

[/IMG]

Hmm, this pic didn't upload with my above post. Oh well, this is The Shire this morning at sunrise. So sweet to see them in there.

Back
Top Bottom