3 Hens or are they... In the UK

Mrnick99

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2016
Hi BYC
I'm a newie in the UK.
I've got three beautiful Brahma's, about 20-24 weeks old.
One black, one silver & one golden.
No eggs yet and at least one has started cock-a-doodle-do-ing....
I will post a picture on here soon (when my account has permission)
But at least one of the birds will need to be swapped for a hen

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Yep, I agree with Ravynfallen, black and gray looks to be a roo.

Hi :welcome from Yorkshire UK

Glad you could join us here! I too agree that your boy is the dark one at the back of the pic. Those are some lovely birds you have there, very pretty.
Be sure to ask any questions that you have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi and welcome from another Tyke, via Kenya. Glad you have joined us. Lots of info and really helpful members here - so sit back, think of everything chicken and get posting!!
thumbsup.gif

All the best
CT

Thanks.
I suspected it was the dark Brahma.
He is a bit larger with a really fluffy tail as apposed to the other two which have quite tight, neat tail feathers.
The dark one also has some pink/red flaps hanging beneath his beak that the other two don't have.
I know flaps is probably not the correct terminology or that the things that I suspected were the signs of the difference between the sexes is correct.

Can you tell me how old Brahma's are when they start to lay

welcome-byc.gif

From what I've read, Brahmas are 6-7 months old before they start laying. I've never had this breed so maybe someone that has can verify that. The "flaps" under a chickens beak are wattles.

Pretty birds you have, thank you for sharing a picture.

It's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom