3 week old Speckled Sussex gender? UPDATE: 7 week old pics!

The comb is rather large, though all my cockerels had lots of white on their chests and were very round-bodied. I'm certainly no expert--only had one hatch of these, but all my cockerels looked alike and my two pullets looked alike, very different body types and coloring.

I thought I had a better picture than this, but of course I can't find it right now. This picture they are 8 weeks old and the pullet is to the left...almost cut off, but you can see she has basically no comb at twice your chicks age while the roo has a lot. I'll keep looking for the picture of when they were younger.

100_0316.jpg

Fruit Juice,
keep us updated! I currently have 12 SS in the brooder and am going through the same guessing game! Mine are about a week younger than yours and they seem to feather in at different speeds which makes me a bit nervous...

I keep my fingers crossed for you!

Here are some pictures of my SS pullet and roo. I am still leaning toward yours being a pullet...

Top left is the roo - his body is much more rounded and not very much of a tail at all. The one next to him is the pullet. She is more elongated and has a longer tail. Does yours have a tail? And how fast did the tail feather out? My roo was quite slow to feather.
june12outwithchickens202.jpg

He has an obviously reddening comb and wattles.
june12outwithchickens106.jpg

Back
Top Bottom