3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
I've been setting eggs the past few days for a slightly staggered hatch (18 marans and a bunch of mutt eggs).
I have 2 bators going with the new eggs; and another going with my quail for this hatch.

my newest bator arrived pretty much DOA.. luckily they have shipped out a replacement already

I picked up my Petersime Bator off CL & have been a hatching addict ever since.... The first step is to admit you have a problem right ~ Now whats the next step??
lau.gif
gig.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/107940_p1017557.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/107940_p1016441_375x500.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/107940_p1016465_500x375.jpg

Sorry if any of you have seen my bator already
hide.gif

What a BEAUTY of an incubator!!! However, it might be good that I don't own it, heh. I would be completely overrun, even more than I already am!

Quote:
I guess you can call that one the white sheep of the family.
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif
True! True!
gig.gif

Now that I think about it...it's the white CHICK of the family.

Congrats Farmerboy16 on winning most colorful rooster. Glad you're alright after your wreck.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
True! True!
gig.gif

Now that I think about it...it's the white CHICK of the family.

Congrats Farmerboy16 on winning most colorful rooster. Glad you're alright after your wreck.

Thanks.

2 out of 5 eggs from you that made to lockdown hatched!! A silkie, and a showgirl!!
woot.gif
Just I wanted!! Hope that I have a pair to hatch more of them.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Congrats on the showgirl. I've hatched around 60 silkies so far this year and I've only gotten 3 showgirls, and my latest has a bum leg....... so I'd say you're a super, duper lucky dude. I'd go buy a lotto ticket if I were you. Must.See.Pictures.

Quote:
That just beats all, after all the hatch troubles everybody has had and so many people's incubators being unplugged, etc....now your rooster is broody!!!!! He must be trying to make up for everybody's troubles all by himself!!!!

Anyway, you'll have a ball with your new eggs you're getting. Good luck and keep us posted. Also on your broody roo! Better change his name to Brewster....er Broooodster.

I swear this bird is strange. He just always does some fo the goofiest stuff.

Can't wait for those eggs. I only have a few of my original Davis birds and they were old when my husband bought them for me. Then bad hatches from them last year, so need the new blood. I have other FBCM eggs coming, but they won't go in the same pen. I try and keep the Davis birds completely pure.

Now to get more AM eggs. hmmmm

Farmerboy16 sorry about the tow, but CONGRATS! on the win. He's a pretty rooster.

Quote:
Wonderful chicks! What is that black one with a lot of white, kind of in the center but left part of the photo of all the chicks? It is distinctive in its coloring, at least now, and compared to the other chick photos people have posted, don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom