3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

I like that littlw white one too! You have a lovely collection there!

I find the feed sacks make excellent material for rounding out square corners and plugging small drafts. I need to wall paper that whole brooder I think - it makes a good background for photo documentation
wink.png

This was my second chick to hatch for the NYD hatch (in fact, second chick I EVER hatched). It's a golden campine and I thought it looked a bit like a velociraptor.

It's amazing how quickly they have gotten their correct markings, they already look like little adults and the barring is coming in.

This is one of my favorites from the hatch. He is going to be such a pretty rooster. I hope he doesn't end up in the freezer. I think I might have a potential home for him. I'm guessing his father is my welsummer. This picture is from when they were 3.5 weeks old. He is coloring up SO red! I need to take a more recent picture.

Deb

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I moved the babies out of the brooder yesterday. I took pics, so let me get kids to schools and I will post them.

I have a really motley crew from my hatch.

Swedish Flower Hen

Maran X (?)

Polish X (?)

On left Silkie X ?

One of several of my booted bantys.

Not a clue. Has extra toe, but doesn't have silkie feathers, and is more LF size. (Maran/Silkie???)

Do ANY of these look like pullets???
barnie.gif
Out of 10, I'm afraid at least 8 are roos!
he.gif

I don't think they're motley! I might be biased as most of my hatch were ?x? I do know there was a silkie x Am mom who laid green eggs, so I have crests, muffs and extra toes; I think they have character! I wouldn't dare make a guess on gender, but you'll find out soon I'm sure ( I had my first crower this week).

I sure hope you're right, although the 2nd one is supposed to be maran, and I was so hoping for dark brown eggs. I seem to hatch out an exorbitant number of roos, so I'm getting paranoid. I have 72% male/18% female ratio on my last several hatches prior to NYD. Is it something I'm feeding?
barnie.gif
Of course 5 of my NYD chicks were from shipped eggs, so I guess I'll have to wait a little longer to determine sex. Didn't you say you wanted to hatch more roos? Boy, if I can figure out what I'm doing, I'll let you know.

Back
Top Bottom