3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Thanks! I'd think pickled peppers would taste awesome with the egg -- if the pepper would stand upright. hmmm. Capers have never tickled my fancy, will stick to raisens. ;)Awesome!

If you want to display them on a serving plate and grow herbs find a branchy or stemmy little herb like parsely or thyme and you can fashion little chicken toes for the roo and he will stand up
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

oooOOOOOHHHHHHhhhhh, Have both growing outside (and the freeze hasn't killed them!) Ok, my little brain is on crafty overload. Must stop before it bursts!

Quote:
I hatched some catdance a few weeks back
hugs.gif
love.gif
Out of 18 purchased she sent 24 and I ended up with 14 chicklets
hugs.gif
love.gif

Ooooohh, I want some cardance silkies soooooo bad
idunno.gif
But I live on the coast of NC and think it is to far to ship from Washington state. Not to mention the cold weather right now. Maybe one day
idunno.gif
Their Silkies are so beautiful!!!

hugs.gif
love.gif
Jim
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
My sweet hubby just got from the post office with your beauties
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Lucky seven here we go
fl.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
11:00 Sunday morning yeahhhhhhhhhh:yiipchick
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
What awesome packing
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
Not one cracked egg and my sweet hubby even said "Wow!!! He sure packed those great! "
bow.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am collecting my eggs from my chickens. Started last weekend. It occurred to me that the cold weather may affect my eggs. They say to not refrigerate the eggs you plan to hatch. The temperatures have gotten down to 35 degrees over night, and two times, I could not collect my eggs at the end of the day.

Will the eggs that experienced 35 F weather still be good for hatching?

Quote:
When my friend was short on eggs for her bator, she pulled some that had been in the refer for a while (not sure how many days). She had 100% hatch! Unless they actually froze and cracked, I'd give it a go. I've heard of others that have hatched refrigerated eggs.

Good luck!

Quote:
They should be fine, store them inside at room temp.

p.s. I have pulled eggs out of the fridge and hatched them.
idunno.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
actually heard a lot of people have.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom