3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
hit.gif

DANG... I don't think I ever remember this many tragedies in a NYD Hatch! And I lost 42 eggs cuz the thermostat in Meg's bator went haywire. Such is life I suppose.

I dont understand why you guys chalk those eggs up to dead. the first time i incubated, i accidently unplugged the incubator instead of the egg turner on day 18. it was off all day and i still had chicks hatch. i refuse to believe that a whopping 42 eggs could die all at the same time because your incubator got turned off for a few hours. especially when you consider broodies that hatch out eggs. the temperature isnt constant in there either, let alone humidity and what not. i dont think you're giving those little eggs enough credit. chickens have evolved for thousands of years in most likely worse conditions than an unplugged incubator in a nice warm house. but this is just an opinion.
idunno.gif
hide.gif

Quote:
A discussion I've had time and again... Although, knowing The Sheriff, she's smart and thorough, I bet she heated it back up and then candled to determine if there were any survivors
wink.png

Last edited:
OK- NO MORE TRAGEDIES!!!!

Mahonri- I locked down your Sweedish FLower Eggs. Before anyone freaks out: no, lockdown is not today. Because the SFs were so special, we decided not to wait until NYD hatch "set date" to put them in the bator. We put them in as soon as Mahonri got them.

MY NYD eggies are still in the turners.

Back
Top Bottom