3yr old Wyandotte sick and now swollen feet

tinselheart

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2020
This chicken has had issue after issue - the rest of the flock is healthy and happy. She's been off colour and hasn't laid for ages. I wormed her and she improved a little, moulted and regrew nicer feathers. She then had vent gleet so I treated with thrush cream, that cleared up. Then she just went down hill. Watery diarrhoea, looked miserable, sitting around with eyes closed and eventually stopped moving round with the flock. She was wobbly on her feet and lost weight so I suspected coccidiosis and treated her with amprolium and triple c. She perked up and started foraging with the flock again. We went away for a couple of days and left my neighbour looking after the hens. Came home to find her sitting with both legs and feet swollen. She can barely weight bear and is off balance. Not bumble foot, I've checked both feet and no sign of a lesion. Feet feel warm. She's eating and drinking but just won't move. I feel like I've reached the end of my chicken knowledge here! What would you do next? No vets that are interested in chickens near me. Only one that will euthanase if needed. Ideas very welcome as I hate seeing her off colour like this.

Back
Top Bottom