2nd sick chicken-wobbly, swollen comb and legs and feet

pointsalamander

Songster
7 Years
Aug 24, 2016
Okay.

So a few weeks ago a little found bird I had started favoring a leg. Eventually couldn't walk. Then couldn't pass poop and died. We believed a tumor.

But the day after she died one of my 2 year old birds that I got as a chick started being slightly wobbly.

So I dewormed the flock. Added vitamins to the water. That day.

2 days later. She continues to have trouble walking even more so now. Her legs and feet appear swollen. Her comb is swollen. Her crop is full and slightly hard feeling. She's still eating. I know she's had water.

She's been checked careful for mites. No eye discharge. No nasal discharge.

Poop is hard to tell. I haven't noticed any odd ones.

6 other birds in the flock are all eating drinking talking as normal. The only thing I've noticed is some extra head shaking from them.

What else should I be looking at here?

I live in MN so there is bird flu but none listed for a good 60 miles around my area. All my birds are over a year old.

I'll grab photos of her later. Right now my son is screaming at me.

Bird flu within 60 miles is concerning, and if you are even closer to a lake where water fowl congregate, your flock is especially vulnerable. Head shaking can indicate the beginning of a respiratory illness or the first signs of avian influenza.

Bird flu within 60 miles is concerning, and if you are even closer to a lake where water fowl congregate, your flock is especially vulnerable. Head shaking can indicate the beginning of a respiratory illness or the first signs of avian influenza.

We escaped anything last year. But we do live blocks from a lake and there is a small pond that the wild mallards live half a block from us. So it's possible. But I'm really going to hope it's not because that's going to suck to watch then

Here's some photos. I
PXL_20231119_165850309.jpg
PXL_20231119_165840595.jpg
PXL_20231119_165825225.jpg
PXL_20231119_165812415.jpg

Back
Top Bottom