My hen is paralysed!!!!

hello, so yesterday i noticed my hen was limping on one leg and i thought maybe she sprained a muscle. The next day she couldn't walk AT ALL. She also doesn’t eat much and sleeps a lot. I thought she had leg mite infestation so i dunked her in vegetable oil and put vaseline on her feet. but now i’m thinking she might have marek’s disease?Her poop is also diarreah and white with blood. I’m not sure what to do please help me i also am unable to take her to a vet.
View attachment 3765459
praying for her

I had an older hen last year that suddenly went paralyzed like your hen. She would lay on her side like yours.
I put her in one of my hutches so she was protected and in a quiet place. I put some drops of liquid vitamin supplement down her throat for 3 days, and noticed on day four she had her legs back under her. She did not eat much of her food during that time, but I scrambled her a couple eggs and she gulped it down. In a couple weeks she was pacing the cage wanting out.
Now she is fine. I still dont know what it was.

I had an older hen last year that suddenly went paralyzed like your hen. She would lay on her side like yours.
I put her in one of my hutches so she was protected and in a quiet place. I put some drops of liquid vitamin supplement down her throat for 3 days, and noticed on day four she had her legs back under her. She did not eat much of her food during that time, but I scrambled her a couple eggs and she gulped it down. In a couple weeks she was pacing the cage wanting out.
Now she is fine. I still dont know what it was.
wow thats so interesting thank you i may have some hope now, i'm glad your hen got better. May i know which vitamins you gave her? i also struggle giving them supplements should i use a syringe? i’ll also try the egg meal :D

Back
Top Bottom