My hen is paralysed!!!!

This is the stuff I used, but my bottle had an eye dropper lid.
Some chickens just need extra supplement for some reason, and the most prevelent symptom if vitamin deficiency will be problems in feet and legs.
I now have purchased a full spectrum additive that I add to their water about once a month.
They seem to not like the taste of it, so I dont make them drink it all the time.
I take a daily vitamin myself, so it makes sence to me...
images.jpeg

Good Luck with your girl.

How old is your lame hen? I would offer human vitamin B complex or super b complex which comes in tablets. Give 1/2 tablet daily crushed or whole orally and you can put it in food or a spoonful of water. Human vitamin E 400 IU can also help if there is a neurological problem. Mareks is an obvious possibility, but an injury from jumping or being mated, an infection or tumor, and a vitamin b2 riboflavin deficiency should be ruled out. I would make a simple chicken sling to get her upright, to keep her cleaner and make it easier to eat. Here is a good thread with many examples of chicken slings and chairs. The design is in post 11:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

thank you everyone, i found out that she may have eaten rat poison that we left in the bush :( please don't forget any rat poison if you have chickens. Hopefully that wasn’t the case because it is a horrible way to die. Cuddle your fluffy chickens while you can 😢

Back
Top Bottom