4.5 week old rose comb chicks, looking for gender help

chicken pickin

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 3, 2012
I am usually really good with know chick gender but these rose comb chicks still have me wondering.

They are Blue Laced Red Wyandotte X Heritage Barred Rocks. I think one may be male and one may be female

Possible pullet? ( I know the one in the back ground is a Barred Rock cockerel)

This one I believe is a cockerel

both together

Last edited:
Which way was the cross?
Barred Male over Blue Laced Female or Blue Laced Male over Barred Female?

I believe the male was the Barred Rock since she raises Heritage Barred Plymouth Rocks. I know the other way around it would be sexlink.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I hope you update in a couple weeks to let us know if the guesses are right. I have been combing the board looking for a Dominique X EE comb pictures 2 to 6 weeks old. There are very few pictures of any Dominique young rooster combs, I actually can't find any.
Thanks again.
mo

Thank you for posting this. I hope you update in a couple weeks to let us know if the guesses are right. I have been combing the board looking for a Dominique X EE comb pictures 2 to 6 weeks old. There are very few pictures of any Dominique young rooster combs, I actually can't find any.
Thanks again.
mo

Im actually trying to figure out gender because I am rehoming most of my roosters, old and young, today so I was trying to get an accurate id on them. I may hold back the suspected pullet but with my luck it is a slow maturing rooster lol.

Your welcome to post your Dom X EE pics here if you would like.

I thought I would update on the chick I suspected was a pullet. It is about 6weeks old. I still am not positive but I am still leaning toward pullet.

Back
Top Bottom