4-H-er thread!

Pics
Hello guys....I am in 4H as well. Mostly for chickens, although I have a junk goat I do showmanship with. We're still learning for the goats. I know pretty much all there is to know for the poultry showmanship...won the whole thing for my fair against people who have been doing it for their entire lives. Thats something. I also show poultry in classes as well.

D
Dang! What projects do you do?

J

I'm doing Goat, Poultry, Advanced Cooking, Record Book, Shooting, Photography, Floriculture, and Outdoor Adventure. Jade is doing Dog, Poultry, Advanced Cooking, Floriculture, Outdoor Adventure, Floriculture, Photography, Arts and Crafts, Archery and Goat. Cai is doing Poultry (although he might switch to Pygmy Goat), Photography, Floriculture and Outdoor Adventure.

We've got a full load, all right.

- D

I'm mainly in poultry, a do a bit of horse mainly trail and ranch stuff though. I may show my Jersey yearling next year, and a few market rabbits.
I might do some non living exhibits but they'll have to do with poultry of some sort
1f602.png

I'm mainly in poultry, a do a bit of horse mainly trail and ranch stuff though. I may show my Jersey yearling next year, and a few market rabbits.
I might do some non living exhibits but they'll have to do with poultry of some sort
1f602.png

I want to get into showing cattle. I've seen a couple county and state level shows. Looks like a challenge and a step up from goats though. I can't keep cows right now.

Showing horses would be fun. I had the pleasure of watching the 2016 National Belgian draft show in Indianapolis. Not to be missed.

I want to get into showing cattle. I've seen a couple county and state level shows. Looks like a challenge and a step up from goats though. I can't keep cows right now.

Showing horses would be fun. I had the pleasure of watching the 2016 National Belgian draft show in Indianapolis. Not to be missed.

I would love to go to any draft show!! Showing horses is fun, but some kids are a bit over the top, along with their parents, I haven't been able to show in a few years cause my mare got sick this year, and the year before I just took a break from 4H. Cattle is pretty fun, if I show dairy I will be the head Dairy cattle if my club, I'm already head of the county for poultry, so I'm not sure I want to be running my Clubs dairy cattle stuff.

Very nice! Next year for fair my sister is doing Dairy Goat, I'm doing Dairy and Market Goat, and my sister, brother and myself are all doing poultry. We're really busy in 4-H this year - my sister and I have nine projects apiece, and in his first year my brother has four!

wow! i thought I was Busy! I have market goats, dairy goats, market swine, poultry, and quilting!
Hello guys....I am in 4H as well. Mostly for chickens, although I have a junk goat I do showmanship with. We're still learning for the goats. I know pretty much all there is to know for the poultry showmanship...won the whole thing for my fair against people who have been doing it for their entire lives. Thats something. I also show poultry in classes as well.
Hey! thats pretty good! Welcome to the group!

J

I'm doing Goat, Poultry, Advanced Cooking, Record Book, Shooting, Photography, Floriculture, and Outdoor Adventure. Jade is doing Dog, Poultry, Advanced Cooking, Floriculture, Outdoor Adventure, Floriculture, Photography, Arts and Crafts, Archery and Goat. Cai is doing Poultry (although he might switch to Pygmy Goat), Photography, Floriculture and Outdoor Adventure.

- D
My goodness!

I show horses a lot, this year I showed at the national level, That was a very cool experience!

I would love to go to any draft show!! Showing horses is fun, but some kids are a bit over the top, along with their parents, I haven't been able to show in a few years cause my mare got sick this year, and the year before I just took a break from 4H. Cattle is pretty fun, if I show dairy I will be the head Dairy cattle if my club, I'm already head of the county for poultry, so I'm not sure I want to be running my Clubs dairy cattle stuff.
Wow!

Ok guys, I was so exhausted with the goat show and recovering that i didn't realize i am pretty sure i qualified for large animal round robin, Anyone have tips? I have until sunday to do it... I will know for sure if i am in it by tomorrow night

There are some over the top people in every single area. I would consider myself one of those people...you can't win unless you apply yourself. Now, I wouldn't say that I have the same attitude towards others as people think someone "over the top" would have...I show respect to others. Some of these "over the top" people don't...so that's where I differ from them. I'm the only one in my county who actually cares about showing, though. Others don't really. Is your dairy a heifer or will you be showing in the market class?

There are some over the top people in every single area. I would consider myself one of those people...you can't win unless you apply yourself. Now, I wouldn't say that I have the same attitude towards others as people think someone "over the top" would have...I show respect to others. Some of these "over the top" people don't...so that's where I differ from them. I'm the only one in my county who actually cares about showing, though. Others don't really. Is your dairy a heifer or will you be showing in the market class?

The over the top people here are so rude! Don't have any respect towards fellow competitors. There is a mom that raises rabbits, and her kids show them at 4H, but they don't take care of the rabbits at all, honestly there mom just has them recite the breed color etc of the rabbit before they go to the ring and there mom talks to them as they show, they also constantly interrupt the judge as she's talking to another kid.. This year during showmanship she eliminated them out right away. She'll be a spring heifer next year.

Very nice! Next year for fair my sister is doing Dairy Goat, I'm doing Dairy and Market Goat, and my sister, brother and myself are all doing poultry. We're really busy in 4-H this year - my sister and I have nine projects apiece, and in his first year my brother has four!

J

- D

i have noticed two people like that. One is actually was my poultry leader. She told me all the wrong things for my turkey! The other are a little nicer, they just seem a little stuck up... She showed no emotion when her turkey (Which she purchased from foster farms, Ew) won grand champion out of 56 turkeys. There is one guy who is nice, people don't seem to like him, because he shows about 4-7 Beef animals, per show, and they are very nice. they don't like him because he wins, but i don't see the problem with that.

There's a fine line between trying hard and and being rude. Hopefully I never cross that line.
I really feel the same. After some long shows i have noticed myself get to that point... I feel horrible and fix my attitude ASAP

Back
Top Bottom