4-H-er thread!

Pics
A recent picture of BF-1, not sure how old she is. I need to call Rick and ask
IMG_20180120_080406_195.jpg

Hello everyone! Pretty sure I already introduced myself but it's been a while! Anyway, you can call me feather, this is going to be my first year showing as a senior so SUPER excited! I will be showing poultry (of course!); chickens and ducks, horses, and probably entering some stuff in static exhibits! I also do archery. Glad to be here!

Did anyone get any chicks this year to show pullets? We weren't planning on it but we saw the new Sapphire Gem breed at Shipton's Big R and couldn't resist! So here are my pullets this year!
IMG_0403.JPG Jewel - Sapphire Gem
IMG_0429.JPG Oreo - Dominique
IMG_0374.JPG Riya - Sapphire Gem
IMG_0494.JPG Opal - California White

Oooh exciting!! Hopefully the hatch goes smooth and you end up with cute little ducklings! What breed are they?
Yes, I'm hoping for at least 20. :fl I had a little bit of a temp spike in the past 24 hrs up to 102° but hopefully they're fine. :) I'm hoping it was just due to the embryos creating their own body heat and not some other reason....

They're Black and White Magpies along with a few Blue and Whites. :wee

If they turn out to be easy to handle, any breed mixed or pure can be shown for showmanship (at my county fair) and sometimes it's easier for the younger kids to show pullets because they are smaller. We have a lot of younger kids this year and some of the older kids will let them show their smaller birds for showmanship. Also because of the size of our county fair, they will let you show "breeds" that aren't accepted in the APA, as long as you show them in the correct class which they would be in.

Back
Top Bottom